Need some help for a trip to Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes 300bar, I sure was trying to complete a trip with a set timetable.

And I agree with you it wasn't going to work. I'll be allocating 3 days to get from Cairo to Hurghada now. I Think I'll be safe

The only critical timing of the whole trip is getting on the liveaboard on Friday. I have throttled back and will be spending the time I was going to try to squeeze into visiting Sharm to relaxing in Hurghada at some bar near the beach. Any suggestions on where the bar may be and a hotel within staggering distance?

3 days to get from Cairo to Hurghada :confused:that is overdone,even for Egyptian standards :D it's only 650 km.depending on the route it takes about 6 or 7 hours.

As for the bar,most resorts have great pool bars witch I prefer.
The local beer needs some getting used to,but when it's cold.it's drinkable :D
most famous brands are Stella and Sakkara.If they taste soure just return them and ask for a new one,there's no extra charge.
Skip the local wine, they only serve chatau headache :rofl3:
And the local spirits are even worse :11:

You must be one hell of a driver to be able to drive in Egypt :rofl3:

It's not that difficult. All you need is to have 10 eyes all around your head. Driving in Cairo is a lot of fun. I only don't know why my friend whose car I'm using there is always nervous when I'm taking the car
:D:D:D

3 days to get from Cairo to Hurghada :confused:that is overdone,even for Egyptian standards :D it's only 650 km.depending on the route it takes about 6 or 7 hours.

As for the bar,most resorts have great pool bars witch I prefer.
The local beer needs some getting used to,but when it's cold.it's drinkable :D
most famous brands are Stella and Sakkara.If they taste soure just return them and ask for a new one,there's no extra charge.
Skip the local wine, they only serve chatau headache :rofl3:
And the local spirits are even worse :11:
Perhaps three days is overdone (and I'm flying) but the whole purpose of the trip is the liveaboard. I had no warm fuzzy of a possible 7 to 10 hour trip from sharm to Hurghada if other modes of transport did not pan out. And yes, I would have rented and driven if I had to.

Now really, Is the driving that bad in Egypt?? I live in the Middle East and have lived and driven in quite a few of the countries here. I drive close to 100 kilometers a day. I feel it's a bit like NASCAR. It's no worse than Italy just a bit more fun with more variables.

I could have spent the extra time in Cairo.... opted for Beer and beach in Hurghada and maybe a dive or two. Booked the Hilton for $65 a night... Seems like a good deal.

Really was looking forward to seeing Sharm. Have a friend that was teaching Tec there and was going to try and look him up.

I want to thank you two guys (RSS and 300bar) as you answer a lot of questions for people planning trips, your a great resource!

And Mania....what can I say but thank you for all of your posts. Now I know that you are presumed to be a lady but I was on an urban legends website and they said you were really Howard Stern who is an avid diver.... is this true? Could you please turn around in your photo?????

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom