BC Vest for a large guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with Osseous, check out what Zeagle has to offer. I am a big guy (at least a xxl) and I own an XL Zeagle Ranger. I found it fit fine initially, but after I went to a drysuit, I needed more room, and the waist portion was easily expanded.

Good luck.

I second Codman on Mares, they are one size larger than typical. My son (XXL wetsuit) swims (ha,ha) in his XL Mares BC, he is 250, 6-2 and is nowhere close to the max size for that baby. Its too big for me (225 5-11). Not a bad choice for the less expensive end of the spectrum.

When I was looking for a BCs one of my Local Dive Shops suggested a BC from Seasoft Scuba. They have BCs that are very adjustable to fit many body shapes and sizes. I didn't end going with it for other reasons, and went with a Mares Dragon BC, but this might be an option for you.

I wouldn't suggest going for something that basically fits, but doesn't have much slack. That was the case with my Mares, and when I tried out a drysuit last year it was too small for comfort. If I do go dry I may end up looking at the Seasoft again or possibly a Backplate/Wing, since my understanding is that the harness for it is also very adjustable.

I am fairly large and bought a Seaquest Balance for this reason. Like a BPW it uses a belt system the in XL fits up to about 54" waist.

The Sherwood Avid is a great middle of the road BCD, it comes in a XXL size, and retails for $510. You can also order a cummerbund extender for $32.

The Dive Rite Trans Pac is a great BCD and can be ordered with a XXL harness. Best BCD on the market.

Back
Top Bottom