BP/W parts ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oxycheq two piece light weight STA is about the cheapest and smallest I have seen for sale. For the cam straps check out XS Scuba's 8 inch conversion strap kit. It is basically two 1" longer cam straps for $18 or so. They work great with 7.25" and 8" tanks. LPro has them. I think you can do both for under $50

Thanks for the input. To answer a couple of questions, I have three BPs now as well as three wings, one for doubles, one for singles and one for travel. I have oxycheq bands now and the buckles are very heavy, close to three pounds for the pair and since I need another set of bands anyway, I wanted light. All my gear requires an STA or doubles bands so there ya go.
Thanks for all the input again.

The DiveRite stainless one piece STA is fairly light and I have cut holes in one of them to further lighten it. DiveRite also has plastic cambands that lighter than the alloy version. That could knock some wreight off. Just as with motorcycles, airplaes, etc, you can always cut holes in stuff to remove un-needed material, just use some common sense when doing so. Carbide hole saws cut aluminum plates well, it takes an industrial cutter to do stainless well but persistence can pay dividends. Unibits with parrafin (Boe) lube also cut nice holes in stainless from a starter hole.

N

Back
Top Bottom