SeaVision Gauge Reader Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're great !!!
And the skirt fit is superb !!!
I still have mine as a back-up after I had to go to bi-focal lenses, also from Sea Vision.

the K

Yep, I like the Seavision better than any other mask that I've had. I think mine's the Ultra. I'll have to check when I get home.

I ordered one direct from Seavision. It put painful pressure on my nose. They reluctantly took it back and they weren't particulary pleasant about it... and they didn't want to send me a different model to try. I was a little surprised at their attitude.

are you trying to substitute this for a prescription mask??

I have an old mask with "gauge readers" on the lenes, I think it was from Oceanic, BiVU4 if I remember correctly. I really did not like it, as I found it was messing with my downward vision too much. I found the line between normal vision and lower "gauge" section of the len very distracting. This looks like a similar however I will say it looks like an improved concept. But I plan to stay away from these mask as I said, it was distracting than useful.

Does anyone have any experience using this mask? I I currently have a glue on magnifier on one side of my mask. It seems a little expensive but it is cheaper than have prescription lenses put into my current mask. I need correction for reading.

SeaVision Tec2000 Gauge Reader™ Masks Have Built-In Magnifier

I don't have experience with the SeaVision, but I have an XS-Scuba guagereader mask that's targeted at the same issue, and I like it. Solves the problem. Fits me well, too. XS Scuba Fusion 2 gauge Reader Mask, #MA280 from LeisurePro.com Note that it ships free; that's a clue to call leisurepro rather than order online, for an even better price.

I have the XS also. For the money, its pretty good. I do get a little pressure on my nose if I don't place it just right on my face. So if you have a big one (nose) be careful. Nice being able to read my SPG rather than just seeing if the needle it in the red.

I had a SeaVision with the gauge readers that I got at a DEMA show. Make sure you get the --->clear!!! lens - I had the red lens. It was a great mask, but after I got Pure Vision contacts, I got my close vision back so I eBayed it. Now I just use my ancient Scubapro painted frame mask.

Does anyone have any experience using this mask? I I currently have a glue on magnifier on one side of my mask. It seems a little expensive but it is cheaper than have prescription lenses put into my current mask. I need correction for reading.

SeaVision Tec2000 Gauge Reader™ Masks Have Built-In Magnifier
I actually have a SeaVision Classic 2000 with +2.00 D Gauge Readers and MaxVision Light filtering lenses (black skirt) on ebay now for 69 bucks. Its on there because I just ordered the exact same mask with my newly updated bi-focal Rx. The gauge readers work very well and the MaxVision lenses (amber color - NOT magenta) are ideal for anything short of Carribean-like visibility. I dive mid/North-Atlantic mostly and the amber lenses enhance the light remarkably well. I'm told they make the world too bright in crystal clear water, though.

Back
Top Bottom