California, here I come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I'm afraid since we're both freelancers the beach house may be out of the question right now. I can live with another 30 min in the car in exchange for the ferry fee and air fills.

There are some of us that don't live near the water that dive a lot it just takes a little more effort.:bananalama:

John

You are exceptional dear friend.

---
Ken

Hey James,

There are a lot of us who will come out and help you get your first SoCal beach dives under your belt.

You can always come to a Wrinkles Dive and BBQ to meet a whole bunch of us at one time. There is one in La Jolla on January 12th.

I know that may be a bit too soon, but we'll be in Laguna Beach on February 9th.

Welcome to SoCal!

Christian

The wife and I life fairly inland as well, but we make the trek out to Catalina or the OC beaches to dive as often as we can. When do you plan on making your first So Cal dive? Let us know!

Thanks for the warm reception!

Hopefully we'll have a house secured by the end of next weekend. I'm sure February will be too hectic so Laguna is probably out for me. But I'd love to make it for the Wrinkles dive on Catalina in March. What better way to get introduced to SoCal diving? If I can convince my girlfriend that 55 degrees is not cold, she may come too.

Wow! Sorry to hijack a little but, congrats James! I wish nothing but the best for you and your girlfriend.

I'm posting this here instead of a pm to tell you when you try to convince her to dive there that 55 isn't cold....42 is cold!

42 is cold? 42 isn't cold. Cold is an offshore dive site that you can walk to. Cold is when a narwhal follows you on your dive. Cold is when you have to cut a hole in the ocean before jumping in.

Anyway. She swears that in 2005 she dived one of the Channel Islands in November. I know her as the girl who got cold in Aruba.

I promise I'll be understanding.

42 is cold? 42 isn't cold. Cold is an offshore dive site that you can walk to. Cold is when a narwhal follows you on your dive. Cold is when you have to cut a hole in the ocean before jumping in.

Anyway. She swears that in 2005 she dived one of the Channel Islands in November. I know her as the girl who got cold in Aruba.

I promise I'll be understanding.

Now that's cold.:loki3:

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom