Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Dive Charter Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone heard of Ocean Safari, they are the only ones close enough and have a dive trip scheduled for a Wednesday afternoon.

Ocean Safari Diving Adventures

The are in South Beach 3 mins from where I need to be.

I have been with Parrot Island, Jerry is a great guy but my wife and I had a much better time with South Florida Diving Headquarters.

I hope you can fit them into your schedual, it's well worth it- You'll never want to dive with anyone else.

Are you going alone??

A third recommendation here for Pro Dive. It was my first ocean dive and another shop wanted to charge $75 extra to put a DM in the water with me. Pro dive gave me a DM Guide/Buddy for only $30 extra.

I will be out there on business and have basically between 12:30 and 6:00 to dive, and yes I will be alone that is why I am looking for a charter.

Is there any beach diving worth a darn if I find a dive buddy?

RJ Diving in Miami

I haven' t had many bad diving experiences but that company are a disgrace. I booked a dive with them via the website last summer, and got a confirmation email.

We got up really early one morning and fought our way through the crazy Miami traffic, getting to the dock 30 minutes before scheduled pick up. Time went by and no dive boat showed up, and eventually we went in the dive shop. The kid in the shop said there was no dive trip that day, nothing in their calender.

Wasted four hours that day, and we could have dived eslewhere......Freaking amateur setup.

my wife and I had a much better time with South Florida Diving Headquarters.

I hope you can fit them into your schedual, it's well worth it- You'll never want to dive with anyone else.

AMEN.....SFDH are great, especially if you dive during the week. Can be pretty crowded at the wekkends though.

I haven' t had many bad diving experiences but that company are a disgrace. I booked a dive with them via the website last summer, and got a confirmation email.

We got up really early one morning and fought our way through the crazy Miami traffic, getting to the dock 30 minutes before scheduled pick up. Time went by and no dive boat showed up, and eventually we went in the dive shop. The kid in the shop said there was no dive trip that day, nothing in their calender.

Wasted four hours that day, and we could have dived eslewhere......Freaking amateur setup.

I'm calling BS on this post. RJ doesn't offer booking via their website and never has :shakehead:

AMEN.....SFDH are great, especially if you dive during the week. Can be pretty crowded at the wekkends though.

But strangely enough, SFDH does.

Tarpoon lagoon is still steady and relaible. Boat leave right from their south beach dive shop.

You can go to ocean ave or lincoln rd after your dive for some drinks or dinner.

I'm calling BS on this post. RJ doesn't offer booking via their website and never has :shakehead:

You are correct, it was Tarpoon Lagoon that jerked us around. I googled RJs address, and thought it was the same boat because they both go from the same dock.

My apologies to RR Diving Ventures.

You are correct, it was Tarpoon Lagoon that jerked us around. I googled RJs address, and thought it was the same boat because they both go from the same dock.

My apologies to RJ Diving Ventures.

Actually, Tarpoon is merely a booking agent, they don't have their own boat, they put you on RJ's. That's just another reason to book direct with the boat :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom