Pink slip for x-mas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's pretty low for a company to do. However, think of the bright side... you'll have a LOT more time to go diving. At least that's what I did when I got my only "pink slip" 7 1/2 years ago... and I'm still going strong. You'll land on your feet, too.

That's pretty low for a company to do.

Yeah but it's all too common today, especially at the bigger corps., especially in the computer hardware/software field. All they care about is making the numbers look good for the quarter/year. I need to make a move soon as well as it won't be much longer and I'll get the axe. My company is hell bent on moving all IT functions to Brazil, India whatever. Like 100,000 employees is the goal. Crappy raises, bonuses, forced overtime and a general "treat us all like crap" attitude until we're all offshored.

Good luck my friend, find a decent company to work for

Do either one of these look like something your qualified for? If so drop me a PM and I can steer you in the right direction. You would also need to relocate to the eastern shore as that is where we are located.

Four-year college degree required, with studies in Information Systems or Computer Science. 6 years prior and related experience preferred. Knowledge in computer analysis, programming, and systems development methodology. Candidate will formulate and define system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form or desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application systems analysis and programming activities. May be responsible for leading the completion of a phase or activity in a large project or leading a small to medium project (<300 hours). Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analyst/programmers. May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of other applications systems analysis and programming personnel. May have quality assurance review
responsibilities or systems testing leadership responsibilities. Provides input on the evaluation of other associates.

Four-year college degree required, preferably with studies in Information Systems or Computer Science. Knowledge in computer analysis, programming, and systems development methodology. Must possess strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills. Continuous improvement in knowledge of the poultry industry via Poultry Technology courses. Candidate will formulate and define system scope and objectives. Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form or desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. May be responsible for leading the completion of a phase or activity in a large project or leading a small to medium project (<300 hours). Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analyst/programmers. May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of other applications systems analysis and programming personnel. May have quality assurance review responsibilities or systems testing leadership responsibilities.

Fishoutawater, yes, that is a great match. Unfortunately, we are not ready to move to the other side yet.

Chuckwagon, pm sent

Thanks everyone for the words and information. I was asked to contract back to continue doing my job, and taking on the project lead role. Hey, it may be a short fix, but gives me time and who knows what can happen...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom