Jacques Cousteau....and His Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You told there some about titanium on that?!?

Custoun is used the first years much spanish army eqikment mostly was that

from Nemrod.There are also some Photos with him and the Nemrod officals...

E.L.7*

There were many different tanks sets used by the teams over the years. You can see equipment and photos sorted by year here:

Cousteau Museum

The equipment is from my collection and or photographed by me at the Cousteau Warehouse. I spent a week documenting the equipment housed at the Cousteau Society. There is only one replica pictured:

DSCN4567

It was built from molds I made from original parts with input from the person who made the originals. As far as I know here is only one complete original unit still in existence. All other equipment is the real deal including the equipment I am diving with in my avatar.

I would be happy to answer specific questions as time allows.
-Ryan

Thanks, Nemrod... now I understand why they never asked me to join the crew full time. I look like an overly decorated Christmas tree (except almost everything is black).

Would you then know where I could get some underwater green and red Christmas bulbs.

N

Hello!
I write from Spain (I do not write well the English language ...) I am looking for tanks of hydrodinamyc that Cousteau in "The Undersea World" used;. I know that there is some collector who has a unit, and I am arranged to buy, or to change. I offer to change: They equipmen RAID (Technisub), original + double tank NEMROD (1950) + vintage triple tank NEMROD.
I will thank for any information.
Thanks and best regards!
Dani

Sweet stuff~
us.divers.uds.i.diving.system.thumb.jpg

One of the more popular units had 3 aluminum bottles that were unfortunately made from that "crispy" (6351-T6) alloy.
(I had to pass on picking one up 'cuz I have to draw the line at collecting only "diveable" vintage gear.)
What Were Those Things And How Much Air Did They Hold?
The one pictured here is a US Divers UDS-I Diving System, 105 cu. ft at 3000 psi:
us.divers.uds.i.diving.system.c.jpg

.....why Is Everyone Still Using 80's Today???
I don't have any 80s, unless you count the twin steel 40s. :wink:

Thanks to write!
I am a small collector of objects of Cousteau, and take to long time looking for quadry-tank.
I believe that in the USA there is a person who has east object....
I can also offer vintage double tank of Spirotechnique (194?).
My email is: biman58@hotmail.com

Tank very much, and best regards!

Hello!
I write from Spain (I do not write well the English language ...) I am looking for tanks of hydrodinamyc that Cousteau in "The Undersea World" used;. I know that there is some collector who has a unit, and I am arranged to buy, or to change. I offer to change: They equipmen RAID (Technisub), original + double tank NEMROD (1950) + vintage triple tank NEMROD.
I will thank for any information.
Thanks and best regards!
Dani

Hello!
I write from Spain I try to realise a museum dedicated to Jacques-Yves Cousteau. I am interested to buy Hydrodinamyc (4 yellow tanks), ORIGINAL.
I can pay 2,000$. If somebody can help, I will be thankful infinite
Ž¡Best regards!

rndboulder,

I've always loved the silver Cousteau suits, especially the helmet with integrated light. But, I have two questions: (1) when diving with this gear, how is buoyancy controlled without a BCD?, and (2) how do you know how much air you have left without a SPG? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom