Looking for good 5mm wetsuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be getting myself a Pinnacle merino lined whatever in the late spring, so check it out.

Based on the hood I have on my drysuit, it's The thing to have. :D

Pinnacle Fusion 5/4 has been under the ice with me. By far the best wetsuit I've ever had on.

Another vote for the 5/4 Bare Velocity! I bought mind from divetank.com for ~$175 about 2 years ago for the springs and gulf. When you compare the price and features, it's a winner. Based on my experience w/ the Bare 5/4 I also bought a 7mm Bare Artic last year for those 50-60F dives.

Pinnacle Merino-Elatiprene 5, pretty much built for what you want, just be aware, that suit feels more like a 6-maybe 6.5 than a 5 in warmth, but very flexible.
I normally dive the Seal (3mm Merino lined) that I can wear down into the mid 60's comfortably. I would image the 5mm may get you into the mid 50's, but may be too warm in mid 70's

Pinnacle Fusion 5/4 has been under the ice with me. By far the best wetsuit I've ever had on.

Do you wear it when you are typing out over 1,200 posts? Or when you have done 50 dives in the last 14 years?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom