Hc1 Or Hc7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the autofocus on the HC-7 worked at moderate distances, it would be great. However, I guess that is expecting too much. Never had much trouble with my TRV17 (mini-DV) unless I was at extreme depth or it was very late in the day.

If the autofocus on the HC-7 worked at moderate distances, it would be great. However, I guess that is expecting too much. Never had much trouble with my TRV17 (mini-DV) unless I was at extreme depth or it was very late in the day.

I totally forgot about autofocus, I know it sounds weird but everything I do with video and film is all manual focus. My camera is an older generation 3CCD camera that when it's in 24P mode the autofocus doesn't work and everything I do is all 24P. With film everything is done with an actual tape measure. Does autofocus act different U/W?

Sorry for the hijack.

Billy

Dr Bill, as I am sure L&M cannot guarantee it will work with all future cameras, they have done their best to ensure it will work with the majority of the cameras. As a reminder, the L&M and Top Dawg housings ONLY work with cameras that have a LANC connection. The newly retired Stingray II housing from L&M lasted for quite some time and fit a variety of cameras. I am sure they have done their homework.

My guess would be anything Sony that you can center in the Stingray HD's port will work. So that would include all future Sony models with the HDR footprint. Unless Sony does something like go to a vertical format or change lens position again, it might be a while before it'd be obsolete.

Would've been better with a flat port though for future compatibility. Optically though the new port's likely better.

my .02

I have heard there is talk about Sony doing away with the LANC connector in the future. That's why I asked the question. Anyone have any knowledge about this? I certainly hope it isn't true!

I have heard there is talk about Sony doing away with the LANC connector in the future. That's why I asked the question. Anyone have any knowledge about this? I certainly hope it isn't true!
It's already happening. The new HDR-CX7 doesn't have one. Or it's not listed on Sonystyle.com if it does.

Which surprised since the other format "7" series cameras still have one. Even the lower priced HDR "5" series do.

Just invalidated my previous post also:
So that would include all future Sony models with the HDR footprint

Nor do the latest low-end models in all three SD formats - DCR-SR42, DCR-DVD108 or DCR-HC28. But at around $300 or less, that's probably to be expected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom