Curacao or Cozumel for first dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Bass

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new diver getting ready to make my first reservation. I am thinking of either going to Curacao and diving with Dive Bus or going to Cozumel and diving with Blue Angel. I am traveling alone as well. Where will I have the best luck finding people to dive with being a new dive. I am sure Curacaos waters are much calmer. Is Curacao expensive and safe?

Thanks

Eric

I am a new diver getting ready to make my first reservation. I am thinking of either going to Curacao and diving with Dive Bus or going to Cozumel and diving with Blue Angel. I am traveling alone as well. Where will I have the best luck finding people to dive with being a new dive. I am sure Curacaos waters are much calmer. Is Curacao expensive and safe?

Thanks

Eric

Curacao, no question. Dive with the operators, and you should at least have a DM as a buddy. I stayed at the Marriott, and the Dive shop was attached to the hotel. Very convenient.

Great beach diving, even if there aren't enough divers to take the boat out (like when I was there 11/2001)

Would definately recommend the Dive Bus on Curacao. Found the island very safe and only expensive on Cruise ship day. Very relaxed pace. Cozumel was a faster pace and more of a tourist trap if you want to use those words??? Coz is very safe as well. Hope this helps.

Curacao, not even close. However, the suggestion to consider Bonaire is a good one, you may want to take a look at that idea.

I am a new diver getting ready to make my first reservation. I am thinking of either going to Curacao and diving with Dive Bus
Eric

As paulwall said, with The Dive Bus you actually dive with the divemaster as a buddy if no one else is avail. I have made many dives with just Mark as my buddy whilst my wife took classes with Suzy. Never been to Cozumel, but I know you can't go wrong with a smaller operation like The Dive Bus, rather than forced an instabuddy at a larger operation. As for CUR, been there 4 times and are going back in August. Also like Bonaire, but shore diving on your own may be intimidating to a newer diver. Good luck with your decision and feel free to PM if need any info.:14:

Ah but Tony is back in the states now. But he is a great source of Curacao info. I loved it there..And Mark & Suzy at the Divebus are the best!!!

Curacao. Lots of flexibility with shore or boat diving. Healthy reefs. Great Diving. Variety of fun topside activities. Easier than Bonaire to get to with direct flight from Miami. I've heard good things about Divebus.

The famous dive sites in Coz are all in a national marine park. You must go with a guide. All of the best diving is boat diving with a DM, and all drift diving. Its spectacular! I luv diving in Coz, but for a first trip, Curacao will take the cake.

Curacao is great. Look at the operation at the Marriott. They have a great boat and an even better attitude toward customers. You won't regret it. DiveBus is excellent. Marriott is just much easier for a first time diver. Curacao is not that expensive either. Lots to do topside.

Back
Top Bottom