Diving in Athens (Greece) help needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muha

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to have a short business trip to Athens in meddle of November. Do you know good dive centres in the eastern side of the peninsula close to Athens International Airport? I did a lot of googleing but information is in Greek or confusing. Also, do you know diving conditions (water and air temperature, visibility and accommodation in this area). Any suggestions about diving near Athens are welcome!

Tank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Muha,
I use Athina Diving Center Athina Diving , which is not on the east coast but very easily accessible from Athens Intl. Airport. I work at the airport, and I live next to it. I have been diving with them for 2 months and while I am sure there are many more dive centers out there, the great thing about them is that they are located RIGHT ON THE WATER, they have great gear and they are cool guys. AND NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM! As I said again, from the airport it's a very easy drive. As far as water temp, I haven't been diving in the winter yet, (but I will this year), but from what I hear a 7mm suit or a 5mm whith an extra vest should be ok. Visibility is average (not the tropics) but overall some good diving available. Feel free to PM me for any extra info!
Regards
1011ster:D

I highly recommend the diving school I was trained: 'paterakis diving centre'.
It's not close to the airport, but the instructors organise dives with safety above all. They are meticulous about gear maintanance (the parts you rent are in excellent condition) and tank (air, EAN, TRIMIX) preparation. They will probably ask you about your training and dive history and give suggestions.
The link is: :: Paterakis Dive Center :: or :: Paterakis Dive Center ::
Good luck.

I will be flying into Athens in 20 days. Nov 23, 2007 to be exact. I will be there for only 2 days before a board a cruise ship there. I wish I had time to dive, but in such a short time, I must see all the top side sites. Does anyone want to get together for a chat and maybe some Oozo during that time? :winky:

Hi Natasha,
drop me a PM and maybe we can partake in some uzo drinking and scuba stories sharing(careful though uzo is some mean stuff).
Best regards
1011ster

I just got back last night. I met up with Argos in Athens. We had a great day together. ( Thanks again David) However I did not get to dive. I was with my son and husband, and neither are advanced OW so we could not dive the Zanobia and we first hoped. However we still had a great time.

I just got back last night. I met up with Argos in Athens. We had a great day together. ( Thanks again David) However I did not get to dive. I was with my son and husband, and neither are advanced OW so we could not dive the Zanobia and we first hoped. However we still had a great time.

What do you mean Zanovia? If you mean Zenovia this wreck is in Cyprus and not Athens. Nevertheless there are so many divesites around Athens and trust me they DO NOT require advanced diving skills. :14:

What do you mean Zanovia? If you mean Zenovia this wreck is in Cyprus and not Athens. Nevertheless there are so many divesites around Athens and trust me they DO NOT require advanced diving skills. :14:

Oh yes, so sorry. Must have been the jet lag~~

Back
Top Bottom