Wetsuit Hanger????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have four suits hanging on the large, square, plastic hangers I got from the LDS. My lighter weight suits are showing some hangar marks at the shoulders, not terrible, but they're there. Is this a big deal?? Should I invest is some of those 3 or 4.5 inch wide hangars I see advertised at various on line shops.?? If so, is there some sort of guide to determine which width to use with which weight suit??

TIA

Mark

I went to my local Home Depot and purchased some pipe wrap, gray one, and placed it over the existing hanger. $2.00 for about 4'. it seems to work and saved me a lot of money. Best of luck!

Yea, that pipe insulation does a nice job.

The big hangers you mention are intended for dry suits and should not be needed for wetsuits.

I hang mine on plain old plastic hangers. Haven't had a problem.

I went to my local Home Depot and purchased some pipe wrap, gray one, and placed it over the existing hanger. $2.00 for about 4'. it seems to work and saved me a lot of money. Best of luck!
Great tip! Found some in the basement and modified the hangars!! thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom