Overcharges to Credit Card from Divetank.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

has anyone else had fraudulent charges put on their card from divetank.com? Recently I purchased a drysuit from them and was charged an amount. Now a week later they hit me again for another amount.. they said that it was a fee for ordering from Canada - when asked why it wasn't on the first amount they couldn't answer. They then said that I wanted it shipped 2nd day so there was the amount. Well on the first charge I had already paid a substantial amount with the normal price to have this shipped to me 2nd day...
Monday is another day we will see where this goes. Just when I thought I found a decent company to deal with.. this happens. I will post if any changes.
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

I would check again to make sure it was not a fee charged to you by your credit card company caused by the fact that they ran the charge through Vast Ventures, Inc. which is located in British Columbia, Canada.

I had a charge of approximately $50.00 charged by my credit card company. I had a copy of the invoice that clearly stated the bottom line in USD. The dry suit was shipped from Blaine, WA in the USA.

I called Richard and complained and indicated the charge was unacceptable and he should have processed the charge to the credit card within the USA.

The bottom line is Richard from DiveTank had a credit issued to offset the international transaction fee charged by my credit card company.

I purchased and then cancelled a drysuit order with these guys 2 months ago. I cancelled it for reasons unrelated to the service from Divetank, but I did experience a few little issues that I was not prepared for. When you order from them, you're dealing with a Canadian company. The price (at least for me) was in Canadian dollars, and with the current exchange rates, my "$1299" drysuit was actually $1360 US dollars plus a $40 fee my credit card company tacked on for the "exchange fee". I was not aware that I would be dealing with any exchange issues so I was surprised to say the least.

Richard was very helpful - just as others have described him - and cancelled my order and refunded my money without question. A polite call to the credit card company explaining the situation and they refunded the exchange fee too. I would not hesitate to do business with them again, but I'll wait until the Loonie/Dollar rate reversed back to normal before I do it again.

I just wanted to add one more "I found them a pleasure to deal with" post. They came through on all of their promises and price was dead on what we agreed.

Not sure what happened here, however we do estimate how much a 2 day charge will be, and then advise a customer if there is a difference plus or minus it will be charged extra. Depending if we ship from our warehouse in WA state or BC Province in Canada which is where all Bare Drysuits are made. If you get a a overcharge from our website by accident or if you where told shipping would be free, we will credit your card or paypal you any differrence. It can take about 4- 7 days to post depending on you bank or credit card company you deal with. We credited Whitefish Montana Police for a return, it took 10 days. The other day for a customer in Santa Monica CA, took one day. Email us a customerservice@divetank.com or richard@divetank.com toll free for Divetank Dive Shop aka Divetank.com is 1-877-89scuba ext:1

I purchased and then cancelled a drysuit order with these guys 2 months ago. I cancelled it for reasons unrelated to the service from Divetank, but I did experience a few little issues that I was not prepared for. When you order from them, you're dealing with a Canadian company. The price (at least for me) was in Canadian dollars, and with the current exchange rates, my "$1299" drysuit was actually $1360 US dollars plus a $40 fee my credit card company tacked on for the "exchange fee". I was not aware that I would be dealing with any exchange issues so I was surprised to say the least.

Richard was very helpful - just as others have described him - and cancelled my order and refunded my money without question. A polite call to the credit card company explaining the situation and they refunded the exchange fee too. I would not hesitate to do business with them again, but I'll wait until the Loonie/Dollar rate reversed back to normal before I do it again.

We will credit difference back to your card if this happens to anyone. We can charge on either border, depends if the suit is made in Canada or US, lots of times we have charged less and did not ask for the difference. Just email me richard@divetank.com if there is ever a issue like this. We can also paypal you if there was a charge in error.

has anyone else had fraudulant charges put on their card from divetank.com? Recently I purchased a drysuit from them and was charged an amount. Now a week later they hit me again for another amount.. they said that it was a fee for ordering from canada - when asked why it wasnt on the first amount they couldnt answer. They then said that I wanted it shipped 2nd day so there was the amount. Well on the first charge I had already paid a substantial amount with the normal price to have this shipped to me 2nd day...
Monday is another day we will see where this goes. Just when I thought I found a decent company to deal with.. this happens. I will post if any changes.
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

This was probably an extra charge due to an estimate from Fedex or UPS, we then might have told you that the actual charge will be finalized once it ships. Drysuits can cost $40-$120 to ship 2 day or overnight depending on Zip Code and size of box or if its a neoprene or laminate suit. Richard richard@divetank.com

I have had an absolute nightmare dealing with these people. I'm not going to post details until it is all sorted out but put it this way- it will be at least 4 months from the time I ordered my DS until the time I can get it wet, er dry. It is beyond ridiculous. I know they have a good rep on this board, which is why I went with them in the first place, but I have had the worst possible experience with them. PM me if you want details before you order your suit.
Ryan sorry about the issues you had with the Pinnacle drysuit with the deffective zipper, and because you had to wait so long for the XXLS to come in the first place. We did arrange for you to send the suit to Pinnacle to get fixed so we can give you credit and a refund. Also meanwhile you have also ordered a CUSTOM DUI signature Drysuit which I gave you at staff pricing(close to $1000 off our regular price) Please be nice to us on the board, we are all divers here at the Shop and are trying our best to please you* Family Business since 1978. I did also offer you cost plus %10 on any pieces because of the Pinnacle failed zipper, remember this was not our fault and Pinnacle is repairing the suit and we offered full refund plus shipping back to you. Thanks Richard richard@divetank.com

Richard, just got your message and replied to you email. The issue was not that the zipper was faulty, that is not your fault. I am also greatful for the pricing. It is all the other issues I have outlined in the email and in our conversations. I would rather not air that on Scubaboard. You should be fully aware of my concerns but if you would like to discuss it further I would be happy to do so.

What kind of screwball credit card charges you a $50 fee for an international transaction? I use credit cards in Mexico all the time and there's never been even a $1 extra charge.

I just received an email from richard trying to iron out the problem.. Richard is definately on top of his business and I have no complaints of him or Jewlz personally. I just need this issue resolved. I will update this when I get home tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom