Heavy Backplate Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirkadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in search of a heavy backplate. More specifically, a 14lb. backplate. Yes I know I can add a weight belt, v weights, etc, but wanted to see if a BP like this is manufactured and if so, where you can get them.

I'm in search of a heavy backplate. More specifically, a 14lb. backplate. Yes I know I can add a weight belt, v weights, etc, but wanted to see if a BP like this is manufactured and if so, where you can get them.

FredT makes exactly what you are looking for.

Your profile suggest that you dive mostly twins. Are you looking for a heavy plate to use with a single cylinder or doubles? Both?

If you are diving doubles, and want to add ballast to your rig just put soft weights between the wing and plate. Cheap, easy, adjustable.

Tobin

I pretty much only dive doubles. My trim is perfect the way I have everything setup right now.
I want to get the heavy backplate to keep the weight evenly spread out.

I pretty much only dive doubles. My trim is perfect the way I have everything setup right now.
I want to get the heavy backplate to keep the weight evenly spread out.

If your trim is currently perfect I'd just go dive, if it is not broken don't fix it.:wink:

OTOH if you want a heavy plate for doubles then I second the recommendation for FredT

Tobin

FredT would be your solution and he's a member of this board - so just PM him.

Hey Stephen Ash,

Didn't you have your heavy FredT for sale not to long ago or am I just narc'd? If so, I'm sure you already sold it. Just curious.

Buck

Back
Top Bottom