OW in Egypt: which school would you choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only operation I personally have dived with in Sharm was Camel. Good center with it's own inexpensive but nice hotel. Great bar, too! A buddy of mine did his AOW with them and was satisfied. No doubt you'll get lot's of suggestions for good schools.

Phil

I dived with Camel in Sharm a month ago and was very impressed with them. They have a great pool for anyone doing their OW. I watched some some new OW students being taught one afternoon and I thought the instructor was very thorough.

Alan

Blue Sun,

My partner and i did our advanced open water and deep speciality with Red sea diving colege in Sharm in May this year throroughly recommend them, professional and fun staff, good standards can't comment too much on kit though as we took our own although what i saw seemed fine. They are well located central in namma bay short walk (less than a hundred yards) from college to their confined water area just off the beach check out their site at Red Sea Diving College - Sharm el Sheikh: PADI 5 Star CDC specialized in scuba diver training

They also run a series of day boat trips which suit all levels and they will cater to your sis's first few dives with care.

(to position where we were at in our training better our AOW dives were our 5th 6th 7th 8th and 9th dives after ow qualification so we were very new now just done our 60th dive - just back from sharm yesterday and it was hot and actually quite quiet)

Sharm isn't that loud unless you want it to be, if you dont want crazy clubbing dont go to the clubs and pick a quiet hotel....

I hope this helps, get in touch with the guys over there they will be delighted to help.....

p.s. we saw hammerheads last week and i still just dont have the words!! :p

I got certified by "Pro Sea Team" at the Conrad Resort in Hurghada.
Extremely thorough and professional, and a great pool for the confined water dives.
I watched the boss dress down the team after a very minor problem with a guest (the boat came in a tad later than one of the diver's wives expected, and she got worried)- trust me, they take their diving VERY seriously. I liked my instructor a lot.

Thanks so much for your advice Nemo and Aspendiver!
Nemo - hammerheads!!!!! What an amazing experience!

Thanks again!
Caitlin

Son Bijou Diving center in Hurghada (Son Bijou Diving Center, Hurghada, Ägypten. Tauchschule, Ferienwohnungen, Apartments und mehr !)

As a little frightend girl who earlier wouldnt even go into the open sea, i can deffinately recommend this diving center. They were all the time aware of my fears, and took special consideration of this... Everything was done in a pase that i never felt unsafe... Completely trusted my instructor....

My reason for trying diving was a life long dream of swimmin with dolphins and on the last day it came true as 8-9 dolphins joined us during the dive for something like 15 minutes...

I can recommend Ocean College my wife and I did our OW course there and in Oct I did my TDI Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures course.

Very friendly and very helpfull also one of the few overseas centers I know that wont just pass someone just because they paid for it.

Thanks for your responses everyone. Sounds like Sharm may not be the way to go, although my sister is younger and a little more tolerant to the party scene than me, so to keep things balanced, can any one recommend schools in Sharm?

I can't recommend you a school as I didn't do my OW in Egypt but believe me Dahab is a perfect place to do any kind of course. As a beginner, you have to learn how to enjoy your dives first, it will happen let's say after more or less 20 dives. Personally, I have around 100 dives now and I am planning to do AOW soon. I will choose Dahab for a course as it is more quiet, dives are more relaxing, there is no rush which is usually on the boats while diving in Sharm. The best is to mix those two places, do your course in Dahab, try additional day diving to make yourself comfortable and then switch to Sharm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom