wetsuits to avoid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Akona 5/3. I holds up extremely well. I dive mostly in Canada and it provides me with great comfort and insulation between drysuit seasons. I can't say enough good things about Akona. I have rubbed up against many a zebra muscle and not a scratch on the suit!

I have the Akona 5/3. I holds up extremely well. I dive mostly in Canada and it provides me with great comfort and insulation between drysuit seasons. I can't say enough good things about Akona. I have rubbed up against many a zebra muscle and not a scratch on the suit!

My daughter has used one, 3mm, for two years and about 70 dives. Holding up well.

What's tougher.... zebra mussels or teenage ownership?

I dive an O'Neill J-Type, I LOVE THAT SUIT! Ive also had about a gazillion O'neill surf wetsuits that lasted forever and would say without any doubt that you will have zero issues with an O'Neill.

If your diving in cold water, avoid any wetsuit that doesnt have double welded seems. Thats my advice

Ive got a couple Henderson Goldcores that I love! Easier to put on and take off than other wetsuits I've tried. And it seems to dry quicker than others.

I have a scuba max 5 mm one-piece jump suit and have been very happy with it. It is very inexpensive and seems to be a good value to me. I also have an Akona 3mm suit which is OK, but it certainly isn't anything special..

These suits are less than half the cost of a henderson "fancy" suit. I'm sure I will get more use out of 2 scuba max suits than one henderson...Also, if you are looking for a warm water suit (3mm suit) I would definitely go for the cheaper suit. If you are diving cold water and need a 7 mm suit, then maybe it is worth getting a better qality suit which will perform best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom