anyone out there not have a cell phone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have lived cell phone free for 60 years. Of course for a period in my life I also lived land line free as well. The only reason I valued a phone was to attach a modem to in the early days. Since I'm usually underwater when I'm out of the office/home, a cell phone would do me little good anyway.

However, there is one time when a cell phone could be useful even to me. I travel on the California mainland about once a month. There have been a few times where having a cell phone could have been a big help and time saver. Other than that, no thanks.

Folks, sadly I must say that there is some evil person out there plotting to ruin our underwater refuge ...by inventing a cell phone that works to 300m ...

Curse the day when it arrives w/ texting.

Folks, sadly I must say that there is some evil person out there plotting to ruin our underwater refuge ...by inventing a cell phone that works to 300m ...

Course the day when it arrives w/ texting.

not that bad. i could snap a picture of the wonderful underwater scenery (granting the cellphone would also have the capability), mms it to my friends in dry land, and wait for their cussing.

that... and well, there's always video calling. lol.

However, there is one time when a cell phone could be useful even to me. I travel on the California mainland about once a month. There have been a few times where having a cell phone could have been a big help and time saver. Other than that, no thanks.

Consider a prepaid cell phone. All the major carriers have prepaid plans, as well as a host of small providers. You can even get them at 7-11, believe it or not. In addition to the convenience, there is also the safety factor involved, especially as in SoCal at least the payphone is quickly becoming an endangered species.

Cell phone prices have come down so much that as long as you have good coverage at your home, and you don't need it for DSL or satellite TV, you may want to consider disconnecting your landline and using a cell phone as your primary telephone provider instead.

I resisted for a long time. Now I don't have a land line; only cell phone. It really is necessary if you don't have a land line. My family is all on the mainland and I need to be able to be reached.

But the best use is for dive buddy communication on dive days! (If we change boats, or dive sites or need directions to a dive site, etc.)

hubby has this ring tone on his phone for when i phone..... i love it!!

wife Ringtone
:rofl3: I Love It!!!

Didn't have one until 2 years ago, and I would not miss it if it were gone, have only 450 minute plan and I almost never use it .. well except for texting someone :wink:

.. heh, I may need a new plan :jump:

I believe that "no news should be good news" and cellphones muck with that aphorism. I have one, I rarely carry it, I never check it's voice mail. If you really want me ... e-mail works best.

one of the security guards on the site i work on has picked up my cell phone and rang peolpe from it to tell them to call me to tell me it's where i knew i left it
first off, it's my only phone, so how does he expect anyone to call me to tell me where the phone is, as he has it :rofl3:
more importantly what does he think he's playing at using my phone :no

i think i've decided, phone will be on silent, with the vibrate turned off
i can still use it as a camera, and only be bothered by it when i want to use it

and i have changed my answer machine message to this
my new answer machine message

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom