Big Bay Point Dive Flags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's great to hear a marker will be going up on the Morrison. Regardless of the dive flag/float discussion it will reduce or eliminate damage due to boat anchoring there.
I can lend a hand if you need help installing.

As per the post: bring a dive float and make your dive buddy carry it.

New mooring and SOS buoy going in very soon.

Marker is approved and coing in from Ottawa and I have anchor blocks, chain and shackles all set to go.

Diving at a boat launch or public dock is asking for problems. Sort of like trying to ride your bicycle on the 401. Boaters need to steer clear of the flags but ya can't expect them wait about while you swim in. Flag or no flag you are at risk. hopefully the flag will minimize this. I am hoping that the SOS heritage dive site marker will help to educate fisherman and boaters in the area of the Morrison and they will steer clear when people are diveing out there....may be not.

Even with the CSA changes and making the dive flag more noticable there will be very little improvment in boater education. Ship Safety is slowly pulling out of enforcment for larger commercial vessels due to liability issues. There are far to many boaters to "patrol" properly and way too many agencies fighting to the right to enforce.

Dive BBP or any where there is heavy boating traffic is taking your chances, flag or no flag.

brent

That's good news. Is it in now?
Will you take the buoy off the mooring before winter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom