DIR divers with contacts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did everyone do who dives with contacts, did you get a rec pass vs. a tech pass? I've tried a maskless hover in a 3ft. window with my eyes closed and I was beyond 3ft. I guess I might have to take a chance and just open my eyes on these drills.

Tech pass here.

What I do is I would open my eyes slightly just to hope that it will prevent the contacts to fell off. I would usually use teammate as a reference..............especially important now that I am preparing myself for Tech1.

Enjoy your course.

How did everyone do who dives with contacts, did you get a rec pass vs. a tech pass? I've tried a maskless hover in a 3ft. window with my eyes closed and I was beyond 3ft. I guess I might have to take a chance and just open my eyes on these drills.

contacts, eyes closed, tech pass.

I think the key (for me anyway) was to really concentrate on keeping the breathing rate the same and to not take too big a breath or exhalation to clear.

That being said.... I'm gearing up for T1 now, and it has me wondering about experimenting with eyes open... :shakehead:

Thanks for the replys and the advice everyone.

Just as an FYI, I wear contacts all the time so it isn't an issue. When I do the maskless drills with my students I request that they keep their eyes closed. While we use as many simulations as possible it isn't feasible to simulate a complete silt out, so when the mask is off I request that the students keep their eyes closed so I can test for 2 things at once:

1) They are comfortable without their masks;
2) They are comfortable in a no-vis, silt out environment

Therefore, contacts lenses aren't a problem.

PM me if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom