Why don't the United Kingdom and Australia drive on the right side of the road?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And New Zealand. Most of the civilized word in fact.

In correction to an earlier post, China drives on the right. However Hong Kong and Macau both drive on the left.

Who cares? It's fun to drive on the left when I go to the Bahamas or Cayman.

In the Bahamas, I usually just drive in the MIDDLE of the road.:D

So you're saying that continental Europe and all of North America (remember I'm including the Canadians and the Mexicans in this too) are uncivilized?

To the OP: we need left hand drive countries, so I can brag that when I'm vacation, I have driven on the "wrong" side of the road :D

(actually I do this at home too, but then it's occasionally part of my job to do so)

Who cares? It's fun to drive on the left when I go to the Bahamas or Cayman.

It took me some getting used to living in Malaysia. I'd pull out and my wife would calmly say, "you're on the wrong side of the road"...ooops. A couple times, early in the morning driving to work, still dark, I'm looking at a car coming the other way thinking "why is he on my side of the road.....S**T !!! " swerve......oops. It's kind of weird at first.

To the OP: we need left hand drive countries, so I can brag that when I'm vacation, I have driven on the "wrong" side of the road :D
Me too.

As for how many countries drive on which side of the road, according to this UK website about one quarter of the world drives on the left (by country numbers). So, why not change to conform you leftests!:D

Shouldnt a distinction be made between places in the Northen Hemisphere and places in the Southern Hemisphere with regard to the direction of traffic in a roundabout or traffic circle? It seems to me that vehicles should negotiate traffic circles in a counter-clockwise direction north of the Equator, and clockwise south of the Equator. Failure to observe this physical imperative is an affront to the natural order, and probably one of the causes for increases of hurricane and typhoon severity.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Gibraltar is a British colony, but we drive on the right, not like in United Kingdom!

Macau is a former Portugese colony, but we drive on the left, not like in Portugal!

Gibraltar is a British colony, but we drive on the right, not like in United Kingdom!

Macau is a former Portugese colony, but we drive on the left, not like in Portugal!

We? We??

How many citizenships do you possess? :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom