Does anyone go for crabs in So Cal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offdiving

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

Do any of you go for crabs?

I love them myself and I'm hoping some crabber can give me some help on this as I've only been able to see either yellow or red rock crabs, and then only where the submarine canyons are...

1. Are there any Dungeness in So Cal? If so, where?
2. Are there any rock crabs anyplace other than the sub canyons?

I can always find them at Redondo... but I'm not too keen on those. Has anyone taken them from there?

If any of you can give me some advice or help on this I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

I have been looking into this too, try this link to spearboard and do a search for crab and you will find some info, they used to have a section for crab and lobster but its not there anymore. California - Spearboard Spearfishing Community

you live by me so if this link helps drop some off at my house

Hey thanks!
I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but there is a lot of interesting info there none the less.

Did you read up on a couple of the guys "baiting"? I wonder if that would work, though as I've said I haven't seen them anywhere other than the sub canyons...

Back
Top Bottom