whats with the advertising?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David P

Reaction score
Many people pay money to support the site, both as members and advertisers. You have been having many "technical difficulties" lately. Now you take more advertising after the first post on each page? I for one want to publicly say that it is annoying. Besides, how many people here plan on buying "kiss me makeup" If the money you are making from the scuba related advertisers aren't enough to keep this site up and running, raise your advertising charges, go submit us to more crap.

i dont get to see the ads.... is it the KISS ad you are refering to???
I think he's referring to the Google Ad that is displayed after the fifth post of each thread.

I agree with David. I wonder why I keep logging back on. I long for the days of the beginning of SB.

Keep logging back on and really starting to wonder why; especially that ScubaToys site is up.
This was a site for divers to talk about diving; now it seems to be dedicated to making money. Maybe it can't exist without advertising but it is getting to be a bit much.

Recently had a post removed because it wasn't "nice", whatever that means.
Guess I will stop logging on, see you.

I stopped paying after weeks of data were lost, along with the random/frequent/lengthy downtimes. I just expect more of something I pay for.

I stopped paying after weeks of data were lost, along with the random/frequent/lengthy downtimes.
Um, yes, that wasn't really what we were trying to achieve.

I think we've turned the corner though.

Back
Top Bottom