when was the last time you checked your Spare Tire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cells are great, if you have coverage and AAA is not backlogged with other calls. I have used the fix a flat cans twice, really nice save on a friends boat trailer (he had no spare). I have a can, right next to the flares, jumper cables, snow shovel, blanket, flash light and a bottle of water.

Yeah... I've got one of those. However, with a huge crack in the sidewall that could easily blow, the compressor was of little use in my case....

OK missed that part.

One point I'd like to make...don't count on those "donut" temporary spares. One of the most useless inventions. Every care that I've owned that had one had its donut spare replaced with a full size wheel and tire. Yeah that left a bit of a hump in the trunk carpeting but that's a minor inconvenience.

That's what a cell phone and AAA card are for.

That's great unless:

1. You're out of cell phone range
2. Your cell phone battery is dead and you forgot to bring the charger and there isn't an available landline phone nearby
3. AAA is backlogged on calls. Ever try to get AAA in SoCal to come out on a rainy day when they're mostly responding to freeway crashes?

my spare is on the back of my jeep, so i always have some idea of its condition. It also kept me from wrecking my rear gate when i decided to back without checking behind me first. sort of like a second bumper!

Yeah... I've got one of those. However, with a huge crack in the sidewall that could easily blow, the compressor was of little use in my case....

but it would still fill the spare

Back
Top Bottom