Best place for an ex-military, law enforcement, scubadiving nut to live?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surfing in the West Coast is non-existant unless you like hurricane surfing (which I do, but the storm has to be coming from the right direction at the right time). Upper east-coast is good for surfing, Cocoa Beach, New Smyrna, etc. As far as diving goes, just don't move to SW Florida if you like big flourishing reefs and clear waters. It's a pretty long ride out to anything nice (and deep). I'd reccomend the East Coast for driving distance to both surf and diving.

Thank you for your service! :usa:

Danny

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll have to google some of the aforementioned cities and see about applying. Hopefully somethin pans out.

Lee and Collier counties have been having problems finding people - both sheriff and fire dept.. One of the big problems has been cost of housing. There have been various news stories on subject in paper and TV locally. Because of housing slump home prices have dropped some but still fairly expensive. Also some local companies have created some housing deals to help.

No research buddy just get ur butt down to the sarasota area.. I need a diving buddy and can think of none better then a guy fresh out of the military like me lol.

No research buddy just get ur butt down to the sarasota area.. I need a diving buddy and can think of none better then a guy fresh out of the military like me lol.

My girl's family has 2 condo's and a house in Manasota Key. I spent all of last December there and at Siesta Key. More than likely I'll be back again this year. I'll be sure to PM you when I come down!

Sounds good I live down in venice but Siesta is only a 10 minute ride.. Some really good divin off of venice if you are used to/dont mind low vis.

What do you want to do in law enforcement? Both Miami and Dade county are hiring. My Brother works for Miami. Any dept in particular you looking at?

I've got a friend & scuba instructor who's a former Army Ranger (Desert Storm Veteran), and just got hired by the Culver City PD, here in SoCal/Los Angeles County Area. There's also openings here in LA Harbor for Port Police.

Southern California is the best place for everything:
. . .Los Angeles County, the Birthplace of Recreational Scuba: where you can snowboard/ski in Winter Mountain Wilderness; then turn around to go swim, surf & night dive in Kelp Forests at Mainland Beaches; and finally come home to Suburbia with a perfect Mediterranean Climate --all done within either a span of 12 hrs, or a leisurely paced Weekend. . . !

I'm not really looking at any particular department right now. Just prefer it to be close to coast preferably. Doesn't necessarily have to be in Florida. I've just got family that still lives there. I grew up in fl and like it. California is an option too I guess. Never really thought of myself as a west coast kinda guy, but maybe. Guess we'll see when the time comes.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom