Hair Management?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I THINK SCUBAPRO MAKES A CAP THAT IS MADE OF WETSUIT MATERIAL.. AND IT SECURES TO YOUR HEAS BY A STRAP UNDER YOUR CHIN.. ITS THE BEST THING IVE SEEN YET FOR THE HIR PROBLEM .. I AM PRETTY SURE IT IS SCUBAPRO.. MY GIRLFREIND HAS ONE I WILL LOOK IN HER DIVE BAG WHEN I GET HOME AND MAKE SURE

You're right, I know and I don't need to ask. But pretend I didn't and tell, tell, tell. :wink:

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
I refuse to cut my hair even for diving. I had it really short for a long time and prefer it long.

I got my hair caught between my backplate and my back on saturday. I enlisted the fine help of our keymaster/surface support to pull it out for me.

Enlisted the fine help of a friend of mine saturday night.

Yada yada yada...

It's a lot shorter now.

You see, I have always had VERY long hair (to the bottom of my butt), and its naturally curly to top it off (kinda like a spiral perm look) so that adds to the problem of swimming (whether in a pool, lake, ocean... doens't matter)! So... here is what I do and it works well.
1) take a shower and condition hair (rinse but not fully)
2) brush out hair and put in a high pony tail (with an elastic band)
3) Braid hair in pony tail (I use a fishtail braid but any will work)
4) Tie end of braid with elastic band (or blackies) and tuck end of braid under the first elastic band (the one in step #2)
5) put a scrunchie around base of pony/braid to look "prettier"
6) use a (?neoprene?) cover on the back of your mask strap for easy on and off
7) take braid and pony out, wash and condition hair

Hope this helps :D Also, the braid stays tight while diving and will look fine if you can't get to a shower right away... :wink: Have fun, be safe and stay wet!

Finally found the solution to managing my long hair with my dry suit..........I cut it off!!!!! Just got back from getting it cut and I love it already. No more hair being pulled when putting my head through the neck seal. For ME, this is definately the solution.:nod:

When I was a new diver in 2000, I saw this hair problem and developed the now Patent Pending ScubaDoRag™. They are much different than cotton because they stretch and they don't blow off on the boat . There is also a SecretCompartment that you can place your ponytail so it is completely away from the tank valve or the included ziplock baggy to store your room key, lucky charm or a tip for your favorite divemaster.

Back
Top Bottom