Suunto Mosquito failure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiko

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Suunto Mosquito (bought it on Bali, march 2007). Used it in several saltwater dives in Indonesia last march-april. At this moment I'm doing my DM training and practice a lot in the pool. After not using my Suunto Mosquito for about 4 months I decided to take it into the water again.

But in the pool it start acting weirdly. The pool is not deeper than 2.5m but the reading on the watch was about 12m! After spending some time in the pool, it even told me I was going into deco. At home I tried to clean it by rinsing it in fresh clean water, but even after 2 days after I left the pool it still is in deco at 12m!

I will return the watch to Suunto, but just wondering if there are people out there who faced a similair problem and maybe solved it themselves? I've been told that a Mosquito causes more problems now and then.

Greetings,
Haiko

I have a Suunto Mosquito (bought it on Bali, march 2007). Used it in several saltwater dives in Indonesia last march-april. At this moment I'm doing my DM training and practice a lot in the pool. After not using my Suunto Mosquito for about 4 months I decided to take it into the water again.

But in the pool it start acting weirdly. The pool is not deeper than 2.5m but the reading on the watch was about 12m! After spending some time in the pool, it even told me I was going into deco. At home I tried to clean it by rinsing it in fresh clean water, but even after 2 days after I left the pool it still is in deco at 12m!

I will return the watch to Suunto, but just wondering if there are people out there who faced a similair problem and maybe solved it themselves? I've been told that a Mosquito causes more problems now and then.

Greetings,
Haiko

I have experienced same issues and have given up on the comp. I was hoping to keep as a backup for trips etc. but I have no confidence in it any more.

I spoke to my LDS and they told me that other Suunto computers also cause problems with the pressure-sensor. I will return my Mosquito for warranty and see what happens.

But I might switch to another brand...

I also have a mosquito and I also had a same problem of pessure sensor after 200 dives. I brought to the store to send to the firm and now it is repaired.

Hello, I have the same problem, my mosquito start diving on the surface and will give me 26m depth !! it has done it twice so far, I wonder if I could sent it also to Suunto as I lot the guarantee.

Regards

My LDS told me that Suunto has replaced my Mosquito, I will collect it 2morrow.. Wondering if it is still the same colour...:wink:

I got a brand new Mosquito from Suunto. Haven't tried it in the water yet (a bit too cold), but it seems to be fine... Finally out of deco...:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom