What type of boat to buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could roll mine up if you didnt have the center console in there, and taking the 90 hosrepower outboard off the back ( steering included) is a PITA.

My boat in particular has a ton of floor space, I dive 4-5 Tech guys comforatbly out of it. plus its got an 8 ft beam and is SUPER stable. I have a 30+ mile range without aux fuel.

Fathomdiver, some time when you have the boat off the trailer take some pics of the trailer set up. I used to keep my Novurania on a trailer. It is a roll up boat and I rarely broke it down because it has remote steering, 35 horse engine etc. I had it on a trailer I modified myself but yours looks much better. I still have the boat but not the engine and trailer. I am working towards re-aquiring a trailer and engine. My trailer had two arms which rotated up from the bottom bunks that locked onto the transom supporting it so that when I dumped pressure off the tubes the engine and transom were fully supported by the trailer. This prevented constant stress to the boat from bouncing down the road. During the off season the boat was broken down and the whole rig including traler took up very little room.

Is that a Zodiac?

N

These pics are for scubar et al, anyone interested in arguing I don't care. Oh, I kept the OEM ladder in place because it is useful for beaching and swimming, diving, the Garlick is much, much better and much stronger. Folded it causes no problems so no reason to remove it. Other boats may require different rigging out..

N

Nemrod:

Thanks, I just bought a 4-step ladder and was going to come up with my own design for mounting and my set up is similar. As well I want to keep the simple ladder. This looks as it will fit my application well.

Thanks again

...Hey, when you gonna pest a pic of that knew bot, I is got an hank'n to be ah see'n it if use done minded.

...;/

Here is the boattest video of a 2006 model (mine is a 2007): BoatTEST.com | Member Home

Mine has a single burner stove, does not have the radar arch, and has twin Suzuki 150's (everything in the video is the same as my setup).

I can't wait for March to take delivery....

--Matt

U-hu.... :D
We've decided to take a closer look at the Kaasboel aluminium boats as we plan to visit the factory in October. The picture shows the 660 model (22 ft), which is CE-certified for 200 hp. Now they told me they can make a special version of the 725, which is normally fitted with diesel IB, and make a boat specially fitted for diving, and make it certified for a 250 hp outboard. I haven't got the prices yet. They're not cheap either, but still about half the price of a Swedish alternative we've looked at.

-Should cruise easily at 35 knots with 10 divers on board then! :crafty:

Attachments

• n520070895_246248_8982.jpg
    n520070895_246248_8982.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 93
Nemrod,
The boat is a Bombard C6, Its made by Zodiac and identical to the MK 6, The trailer has bunks under the speed tubes and then two in the middle that support the bottom and run back just past the transom. Its adjusted so the transom rests down flat on the center two bunks, with the tubes on their supports. The bunks for the tubes run all the way up to the break of the bow to support the boat. I use regular transom tie downs and then run straps from the forward d-rings to stablize the front. I am out in Yuma for 6 weeks bt I will get sme pics when I get back if you want.

Fathom, sure, when you get back shoot a pic, thanks for the explanation. Matt, that sure is an interesting boat, here I keep trying to downsize and stay eco/carbon friendly and you guys keep tempting me---dang---NICE boat!

N

You know Evinrude makes a really awesome 2 stroke line, E-Tec they are EPA and CARB approved. Supposed to be as clean or cleaner than most 4 strokes. I looked at the 115hp for my Zodiac, but dont want to drop the $$ for it. (+/- $8000)

I was looking to upgrade my 94 evinrude 115hp for my rib BUT a merc is about $10000 at a local supply house. Like my little smoker even more (now it is tuned it does not smoke)

YouTube - The New Act in Show Skiing

Maybe this would be a good Great Lakes dive boat. I think the guy bumped it into reverse myself by accident. Funny video, non self bailing design obviously.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom