25 skills a guy needs to know how to do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Money's like grease. You need a little here and there to reduce friction so things run smoothly, but not much... too much is just messy and attracts dirt." (me)
- or -
"Money is like manure... if you spread it around it'll make things grow; if you keep it in a pile it just sits there and stinks." (Clint Murchison)
Rick

"Money's like grease. You need a little here and there to reduce friction so things run smoothly, but not much... too much is just messy and attracts dirt." (me)
- or -
"Money is like manure... if you spread it around it'll make things grow; if you keep it in a pile it just sits there and stinks." (Clint Murchison)
Rick

Sweet! I like those. :)

shakeybrainsurgeon:
who do you think a woman really wants, the guy who can do all this survivalist stuff or the guy who can afford to have others do it for him????????
QED
Yes... and if you can't do both she's liable to go shopping.
But even more she wants a man who'll do it himself from time to time and save the money for her frivolity :)
Rick

If it never goes up, it then you never need to put it down. Otherwise, #51 Build your own bathroom AND #52 Clean it!:D

I'm sure I'm going to start a flame war with this, but I'm gonna say it:

WHAT IS IT WITH WOMEN AND THE TOILET SEAT??

If us guys have to put it up to do our thing, there's no reason why a woman can't put it down to do their thing.

Women nagging men over the position of the toilet seat goes probably as far back as indoor plumbing itself. As the Romans themselves had indoor plumbing (at least the rich ones did), I wouldn't be surprised if Cleopatra herself would nag Mark Antony over the toilet seat.

There. I said it. Flame away :D

And for the record, yes I do clean it myself. I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay someone else to do it. Why spend money on a maid when I can spend it on toys and dive trips?

I have no idea with the toilet seat thing. I always check to make sure I have a seat before I sit down.

I've never understood cleaning house. I pay somebody to come in once every couple of weeks to spend 4 hours cleaning the house. I hate cleaning and would rather trade my time doing what I like to do (i.e. working at my job) than doing what I hate to do (cleaning). Have done this ever since I started making any money at all, even when I was trading one hour for one hour.

I also never understood the toilet seat thing - two positions up and down. Why is one right and the other wrong. Having said that it is easier to just go with the flow - there are more important battles to be fought in the battle of the sexes.

Ron,
I strongly suspect it's a perceived "respect" thing...after all, males are supposed to honor the women in our lives.... or are they?:D

I'm sure I'm going to start a flame war with this, but I'm gonna say it:

WHAT IS IT WITH WOMEN AND THE TOILET SEAT??

If us guys have to put it up to do our thing, there's no reason why a woman can't put it down to do their thing.

Women nagging men over the position of the toilet seat goes probably as far back as indoor plumbing itself. As the Romans themselves had indoor plumbing (at least the rich ones did), I wouldn't be surprised if Cleopatra herself would nag Mark Antony over the toilet seat.

There. I said it. Flame away :D

And for the record, yes I do clean it myself. I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay someone else to do it. Why spend money on a maid when I can spend it on toys and dive trips?

It comes down to a logical "default" position that has to do with us falling in in the dark.
...and while you are at it, please close the LID also.

Brilliant, Rick. I had to learn all that the hard way.

Hey, we fall in in the dark too. Toilets are for sitting on, regardless you what you planning, if you insist on standing either install a urinal or mop up after each episode.

Back
Top Bottom