Pony bottle for hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it never entangles in the first place, that's pretty easy!

I've had fish wrap line around a 3" clip on a BC, so I don't have any out there anymore.

Tony, there are lots of ways to dive and spear fish. Yours obviously works for you, and Johnoly and I bring in some nice fish too... "so to each there own!"

Good shooting!

Chad

You're absutively right Chad.The fishkillingest people I've ever met dive old hardpacks and AL80s to 180' on air or lean nitrox.No octo,20 yr old computers,Cressi 2000s,JBL guns with shower tube bodies.
They kill more bugs and fish faster than anyone I have ever seen or heard of,but I will always have a bladder&octo.

Slung bottle seems ok for freeshafting but the entanglement factor would definately increase with lineshafting. We all use back mounted 13 or 19 cf. I had a little lemonfish wrap my gun to my arm last year....they are the "flippingest" fish in the gulf.

Slung bottle seems ok for freeshafting but the entanglement factor would definately increase with lineshafting. We all use back mounted 13 or 19 cf. I had a little lemonfish wrap my gun to my arm last year....they are the "flippingest" fish in the gulf.

No I think spadefish get that title... but they are too small to get you in trouble!

Cobia definitely are the ones to worry about.

For those of you that don't shoot in LA, spadefish are legal, consumed and a category in tournaments, along with most everything else!

Chad

No I think spadefish get that title... but they are too small to get you in trouble!

Cobia definitely are the ones to worry about.

For those of you that don't shoot in LA, spadefish are legal, consumed and a category in tournaments, along with most everything else!

Chad

Spadefish.... I shot one freediving last weekend because my son wanted to try one..they are flippers too. He is rather adventureous on the food. He ate it...which was good for the rest of us because the meant there was more ARS and Trigger.

Back
Top Bottom