Aladdin Tec2G and USB IRda (it works)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just had to post that thanks to this board, I didn't spend $80 dollars on the private labeled USB IRda interface for amy Aladdin Tec 2 G, I bought this one:
http://www.amazon.com/USB-Fast-Infrared-Adapter-Ir110/dp/B0009JGJFW/ref=pd_bbs_7/104-7227446-7307903?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1185851789&sr=8-7 from Amazon.com for $20.00...I like the extension cable that comes with it....Only thing I had to do was install the drivers and SLOW down the baud rate (Default is 400000 and the Tec 2G uses 115600) Other than that my computer sync'd with the Tec 2 g easily!!!:biggrin3:

Thanks Scubaboard:peace2:

I've been considering this computer for a while now so for future reference, could you tell me how to slow down the baud rate? And are the drivers readily available at uwatec's site?

Afaik, I used a generic $10 IrDa USB port with my Tec, and it worked perfect. :)

Now, if only I got back the Tec 2G finally, as the old Tec croaked, still waiting for the replacement...

*Floater*:
I've been considering this computer for a while now so for future reference, could you tell me how to slow down the baud rate? And are the drivers readily available at uwatec's site?

This Irda was $20 at Amazon the drivers come with the Irda device...The Tec 2 doesn't require any drivers, it's the USB device that needs them.

As far as changing the baud rate you go to System HArdware ( I use keyboard shortcuts in XP) (windows key and Pause/Break simutaneously) Go to Irda device go to properties find baud rate and change from 400000 (default) to 115600....Everything is fine....

No expensive Uwatec private label Irda device :D

Now if you want to make a bunch of people REALLY happy, see if that same IR dongle works on a Mac. If that one lets the Mac version of SmartTrak (J-Trak, IIRC) talk to the Uwatec comp, you would be a hero for a bunch of people...

evil_xander:
Now, if only I got back the Tec 2G finally, as the old Tec croaked, still waiting for the replacement...

Huh, I sent my Tec back and it has been M.I.A. ever since (March). No clue if I'll ever see it again or get a replacement. Something just doesn't seem right with that.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom