question about stroke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wardric:
humm... according to that definition, a diver with a DIR certification and or gear configuration could potentially be considered a stroke...

True.

At my age I don't even want to think about the word 'stroke'. Although I'm a "Dork Diver", fer sherr, I don't think that I'm a stroke. I've read the definition above and maybe my choice of regs could qualify me as a stroke since I like the old Dacor stuff and my configuration also might not be the best (computer and BC inflator on the left, with Ducky, and primary reg and octo on the right, whistle on a retractor on the right??) I still dont think I'm a stroke. Got no ego when it comes to diving. Like a good Dork Diver, I'm out there for the fun of it.

gregmontalbano:
A stroke refers to someone who does not adhere to the DIR (Doing It Right) philosophy and equipment configuration, with them its either the DIR way or nothing. Don't let them get to you :)

That's why we call DIR's jerks...........

Man, you guys are hostile. I'm not a DIR certified diver, but I adhere to many of the principles.

TheRedHead:
Man, you guys are hostile. I'm not a DIR certified diver, but I adhere to many of the principles.

It's not the principals, it's the attitude.

captain:
It's not the principals, it's the attitude.

I haven't met nor dived with any DIR divers who weren't anything but friendly. Attitude is an internet disease. Some of those dork divers are vicious. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom