What Do You Brag About Most?

What diving accomplishment are you most happy about?

• The [b]deepest[/b] dive I did

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • My [b]longest[/b] dive

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • My [b]furthest[/b] penetration

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • The [b]lowest vis[/b] dive I did

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The [b]tightest[/b] penetration dive I did

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The [b]funnest[/b] dive I've gone on

Votes: 54 48.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd have to say longest with funnest as runner up.

The funny thing is I can't cite either.

Pete

to the question: What diving accomplishment are you most happy about?

The tightest penetration dive I did

only because I had to get a grip on my mind, my biggest enemy. I have never had the sensation that I wanted out of my skin and been able to overcome it, until that day. I overcame it, because I was forced to. It sounds crazy, but prayer (begging) got me through those seconds. It was a personal victory, I suppose.
(if I have to choose from the list)

funny dives run a close second. Sharks looking at you "the wrong way" is usually funny later. Bumping one with a dome port when the wide angle I was peering through let me pretend he was futher away that he was.....until the bump. That was hilarious later over a few beers. Funny, jellyfish lake freaked me out more. I have never mastered the terror of jellyfish lake.

I have found that after a certain number of years the “Old timers” just don’t brag about any dive. They will brag about artifacts, photos taken, animals seen, but not about how deep they have been or any of that type of thing.

I have also found that over a few beers we will joke about how we fuc**d up, screwed up, etc. and how we got out of it.

If we hear someone telling the big balls stories about how deep, long, time under water, worst vis, etc. we will just ignore them.

Ben there, done that, now how about them Yankees?

50 years of diving with out an incident of any kind.

- Telling fellow divers that my girlfriend passed her 100th dive and how comfortable she is in the water (and looks hot in her wetsuit).

- Finding splendid toadfish before the DM does.

- How much I love diving.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

sam1:
Don't have much to brag about...but I'd say coldest dive (ice diving).
After ice diving most guys don't have much to brag about, especially if you use a wetsuit.:D

I suppose the funniest dive I've had was watching a remora attach itself to a DM's butt in Cozumel and the DM finning along without noticing. :D

if I were to brag about anything, i guess it would be about how deep I went lol

i have never bragged about anything related to diving though... relatively speaking to a new diver, my 100+ dives could mean alot, but thats about it... either that or my ~130 feet dive over in turkey

generally i talk (not brag) about the things ive seen or the stupid stuff ive done (stupid as in funny not dumb as in dead).... but seeing a turtle at bare island was pretty cool.

since last summer my biggest brag would be about spring straps (sad but true) i love them and everyone should use them :D

almitywife:
generally i talk (not brag) about the things ive seen or the stupid stuff ive done (stupid as in funny not dumb as in dead).... but seeing a turtle at bare island was pretty cool.

since last summer my biggest brag would be about spring straps (sad but true) i love them and everyone should use them :D

so what were some stupid things you've done :D

Back
Top Bottom