WTB: 5" dome port fantasea #7045 for canon digital rebel XTI F400D canon EF-S 10-22mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtRider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have a 5" dome port - fantasea #7045 - for canon digital rebel XTI - F400D housing - for a canon EF-S 10-22mm lens?
Alternately if there is another dome to fit this housing and lens I'd be interested but I don't know of any.

i don't have a fantasy housing but i do have a aquatica housing and when i was setting up my camera they said that you need at-least a 8 inch dome port with that lens. something smaller that an 8 inch dome port and you need to get a diopter of some sort also you will get a lot of distortion with they smaller dome port do you already have a fantasy housing if not or even if you do you might check out ebay for a ikelight housing they make a 8 inch dome port for this lens and i have seen the housing for the xti go for about 700 to 900. it would be worth the extra money because they have many more port options.

I have watched ebay on and off but never saw an ikelite housing for an XTI ever on ebay (except for new ones going for > $1000). I agree though...their port selection is much better and their domes are cheaper too.
I did buy the fantasea on ebay and just couldn't pass up the deal I got on it. For $650 I have the housing, basic port, and flash housing for my 580ex. A bunch of little stuff like the cords, led flocus light, arm, extra o rings, etc also included. This may just prove to be a good way to start and then maybe I'll sell this for not much less than I bought it for if I really like underwater photography. By then I might decide I'd rather invest in video equipment or a better camera anyway. It sure would have been sweet to find a used dome port for this too and come in under a grand for the whole thing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom