Dutch scuba diver became the surprise catch of the day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch scuba diver became the surprise catch of the day for a 13-year-old boy fishing in the Netherlands when his hook got caught in the man's lip.
"I heard a sound on my head and immediately I felt a jerk on my lip," Wim van Huffelen, who had been swimming in the North Sea, was quoted as saying by Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
The daily ran a picture of the diver with the hook embedded in his lower lip.
The diver had been swimming close to the shore near the southern Dutch town of Zierikzee. A doctor managed to free him from the hook.

Oh Wow!

Dave

what's the season for divers ?

any special permits required?

:D

While diving the jettis in Panama City there was somebody fishing right around us. Yes we had a dive flag. It was my girlfriend, my Dad and I. I was the only one that noticed his line had been snagged and he was jerking it pretty hard. Well, they were directly in the path if this thing were to come unhooked. I quickly cut the line. Maybe i should have hooked my octopus to it and let him pull it in. Then wait a couple of seconds and float to the top.

Hooked him in the lip, even!

Somebody photoshop a kid on the pier with a diver hanging on a big fish scale!

Catch limit of one per day, bag limit of 2, can be field dressed but not dismembered for transport.

Circle hooks were designed to hook in the lip!

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Teamcasa:
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch scuba diver became the surprise catch of the day for a 13-year-old boy fishing in the Netherlands when his hook got caught in the man's lip.
"I heard a sound on my head and immediately I felt a jerk on my lip," Wim van Huffelen, who had been swimming in the North Sea, was quoted as saying by Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
The daily ran a picture of the diver with the hook embedded in his lower lip.
The diver had been swimming close to the shore near the southern Dutch town of Zierikzee. A doctor managed to free him from the hook.

Oh Wow!

Dave

Dave, this is very poor reporting... you didn't post the pic :28:

:)

Back
Top Bottom