Portable DIY Reg Shelf in RubberMaid Tote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First... RESIZE THOSE PICTURES!!! Lots of screen wrap due to large pic size. (SB should really limit it).

2nd loosley coiled is fine. But if you want to do it tightly it won't hurt it either. If you look at the way your regulator comes from the manfuacturer in the box, they coil those hoses pretty darn tight and they stay that way for months before they are sold.

MRF:
Very cool! I was thinking holes too. You could cut a couple of finger holes toward the sides. They would serve both as ventilation and places to grab with a finger to lift the shelf out.

Or a single oblong hole in the middle that you can put all your fingers in. That way you could lift it out with one hand. Wouldn't work if you want to store small parts on the shelf, though...

Like D_B I use the Stanley boxes. They work well for diving. Mine is the larger one and my lovely bride get the smaller version. Both come with a tote tray. Funny thing is the smaller box has a larger tote than the larger box. I only use the tote tray that is part of the larger box.

Dave

DSC00003%20(Small).JPG

LOL. Far too complicated. After rinsing the gear in the tote, I just leave the lid off with the regs on the top. Everything dries, no muss, no fuss. (Lid is in a corner somewhere in the basement if anyone needs it... :wink: )

Teamcasa could you clue me in on how you attached the cam bands to the lid? i was trying to do this but i couldn't decide on a way to attach them without tweaking the lid.

Sure. I cut two 2”X 3/16” slots on each side of the ridge that is in the center of the lid. I then threaded the cam strap in one side, under the center ridge and out the other side. Cutting the slots is very easy to do with a small die grinder or Dremel tool. You could also drill a series of holes and file them smooth.

I used both boxes on many dives, they hold up very well to the abuse and they make great clean up tubs as well as dry storage for the gear.

DSC02738Sml.JPG
http://www.dorkdiver.com/images/DSC02738Sml.JPG

DSC02739Sml.JPG

Dave

i thought about doing that but didn't know if it would be strong enough, but if it works for you it will work for me. Thanks Dave! and, yeah, i forgot to mention the part about rolling it onto my deck and filling it with water to clean my gear...

Back
Top Bottom