Dangerous Hurricane Dean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in the keys we live in the cone of uncertainty!

Ugh,

I'm supposed to be flying to Cozumel on the 23rd. Now I'm gonna start reading my trip insurance fine print, just in case. I hope Dean does a 180 ASAP...

It's still way too early to tell what it's going to do...it hasn't even reached the outskirts f the Caribbean yet...by the weekend we'll have a better idea of what it's going to do!

If you don't have trip insurance and the airline cancels the flight into Cozumel what recourse do you have? Will they offer you a flight at a later date? Refund?

Of course the storm's path is unpredictable at this point but does anyone read Dean as a risk for a trip leaving for Coz this Friday (17th) and returning to US on Monday (20th)?

Thanks

it looks likely that the storm will impact the island. That can be just some rain and a bit of wind or a major hit. Too early to say but most of the models do show it coming up this way by Tues or Wed. assuming it follows the track that is predicted. Five day tracks have a large margin of error. by Friday you likely will have a better idea on what to expect. By now the island has a lot of practice for these things.

Good news is its a mover. not like Wilma.

Hi Crazy Mike. I'm flying out on the 23rd as well to Coz. By the looks of it, I think it will have moved on by then. Hopefully it will turn north a tad as well. Where are you staying on the island?

I'm flying out Friday night (18th) Red Eye, and staying till the 26th. Hope this wont be too bad, it is a bit exciting, but also annoying as i have my 8 days planned out fairly well, with diving and lounging.

How do hurricanes affect diving the days after the hurricane?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom