Treasure Hunt at Cerulean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeachJunkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This weekend (August 18th) at Cerulean Quarry, the Underwater Warriors organization will be having a benefit treasure hunt. Price is 35 dollars (30 for military personel with ID). Registration form can be found at http://www.underwaterwarriors.org/ There will also be a silent auction. There will be beverages and Hot Dogs and Hamburgers for sale all day. The quarry opens at 8am. There's a pre-dive briefing at 10:30 and the treasure hunt will start at 11:00. You will be searching for large, neon colored, cattle tags with numbers on them. The numbers correspond to a particular prize. Prizes include masks and fin sets, wetsuits, a wrist mount dive computer and many others. From what Nancy said, many have signed up so it might be a good idea to get there early as I'm sure you all know parking is pretty limited. I'm hoping to meet up with a few people since I'll be buddy-less. Looking forward to seeing some SBers come out and finally meeting some of you in person.

BeachJunky

OK if you were on the edge about attending the Treasure Hunt, this should bring you over the edge...

Oceanic Chute BCD
Tusa Wrist Computer
Sea and Sea Camera With Strobe
Henderson Ladies 2 Piece Gold Core Wet Suit
Henderson Dive Skin
Tusa Mask and Skins Set
Akona Full Body Wet Suit
A tank Donated by Cerulean
Various dive bags and reg bags
2 Dive lights donated by Evansville Scuba Club
Many many other name brand items.

Come out and win a prize, remember this benefits the guys that have been injured protecting our way of life.

Sounds like a pretty sweet list of stuff. I'd go diving anyway, but this will be a nice way for me to meet some folks and get some of the equipment I need!

BeachJunkie:
Sounds like a pretty sweet list of stuff. I'd go diving anyway, but this will be a nice way for me to meet some folks and get some of the equipment I need!

Exactly

I was an honor and a privilege to dive with you folks this weekend. It is all to easy for us to take for granted what we have. To see people that have made the sacrifice that you have made for all of the rest of us, enjoy a sport like scuba diving is a testament to your spirit and character.

Thanks again
Duke

Agreed. As a fellow soldier I had to admire the guys that were out there today. I don't know if I personally could do something like they have. I'd love to dive with them again. I gave my name and number to Nancy and she gave it to a couple of the guys. They're supposed to call me any time they go diving. I'm looking forward to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom