venice at night ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone dove venice beach at night?

I have yet to dive Venice at night. Why? Is that a good or bad thing?

CBulla:
I have (along with cooltech and cmufieldhockey) and we had a blast! :)

In fact, my friend, do a search for the thread about it. :)

Colin, I was just thinking to myself the other day that it's high time for another VB night dive. Especially since I missed the last one. Anyone else up for it? Most any night would be good for me with a few days notice. I'm guessing we need to do it on a full moon around high tide for the best conditions and good ambient light. I'll check the tide tables and moon phase and see if I can come up with a date.

I just did a twilight dive at VB this past Sunday. I found it a little spooky how fast the viz dropped when the sun went down, but it was really neat! I had a lot of fun and would really enjoy another night dive there. :)

The real challenge is how many teeth you find only using a small flashlight. (=

disappointing.
so far, noone's mentioned any 'changing of the guard.'
there are no new critters that come out at night there?

other than colin referring to it as sensory deprivation, all it sounds like is a low-viz dive made worse by lack of light. lol.

I've seen flounder, lizardfish, grunts, various crabs, snake pipefish, and seahorses there.
Thought maybe at night, different stuff came out to feed.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom