Open water course in Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to clarify a statement made in an earlier post by NetDoc concerning the fact that he is no longer teaching for Divers Direct...and the reference to "Cookie Cutter" Classes.
It is true that NetDoc is no longer affiliated as an instructor with Divers Direct...but the reason IS NOT that the "manager of our Orlando location had a problem with NetDoc exceeding course requirements."
Independent instructors selected to be affiliated with Divers Direct - and teach Divers Direct students are EXPECTED to exceed the requirements for whatever agency they belong to...and to provide the best possible instruction - including safety and supervision to their students - and to provide exceptional customer service at all levels, whether it be instruction or providing students with assistance in the selection, fitting and purchasing scuba gear that will be appropriate to their needs and diving aspirations.
Divers Direct places NO time restrictions on our courses - we expect and encourage our independent instructors to provide as much time as they feel - in their professional opinion - is necessary to make sure the student is both comfortable and competent with their new scuba skills before they are issued a certification card. The schedules we post are developed not by the store - or the company - but by the instructors affiliated with our various teaching locations. Divers Direct provides courses through NAUI, PADI, SDI and TDI and the majority of our instructors are certified to teach for least three agencies. Our focus for affiliated instructors is their ability to teach and provide their (and our) students with an instructional program that goes well beyond "just the basics" as required by the "standards" of whichever agency they use during their classes.
I can assure the members of ScubaBoard that NetDoc's desire to teach classes that exceed course expectations has no bearing on why he is no longer affiliated with Divers Direct.

Bill Crumbaugh
Director of Instruction
Divers Direct

Frogman48:
It is true that NetDoc is no longer affiliated as an instructor with Divers Direct...but the reason IS NOT that the "manager of our Orlando location had a problem with NetDoc exceeding course requirements."
Dang Bill, I thought I got that from you! The manager would never give me a straight answer and you said it was up to him and not you! Sorry if I misunderstood you, but whatever his reason, the current manager at the I-Drive Divers Direct doesn't like me. That's cool by me.

I know for a fact that Bill is an awesome instructor and I have and will do business with Divers Direct. I get a warm reception by all of the staff in that location save one. But it still remains that I do not teach for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom