Regulator setup for DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codiak:
The orginal question was about hose color... and yellow 7' primary is mentioned for DIR... not the only answer based on the "DIR" posts so far
Check the forum and the rules for this forum.

Codiak:
While in a personal OOA scenerio my habit trained reaction is turning the second bottle on, my gut says my buddy in an OOA panic, sucking a second reg that appears OOA, is gonna do one of two things... go for the surface or my primary.

I'd rather they grabbed my yellow hosed backup, rather then my black primary in the inital panic. It'll buy me enough time to switch to Air2 and give them my primary regulator...

Hopefully this situation is avoided with good planning, good equipment, and an experienced buddy. And hopefully my buddy is really paying attention during our predive discourse, when I tell him my pony bottle is turned off.

Yeah, you're definitely in the wrong forum.

Soggy:
Yeah, you're definitely in the wrong forum.

No, No, No. My sister heard from my brother who heard it from a friend whose sister is going out with this guy who dove with someone in a BP/W setup (so he must be a GUE instructor) that the AIR2 is DIR.

That's why we need to be really careful about being dismissive or unpleasant to people who post things that really shouldn't be here. Sometimes they're really curious or intrigued, and merely trying to get into the conversation.

To respond to the OP:

Have two identical, high quality regulators. Save yourself time and research and just buy a ScubaPro Mk 25 with dual S600 second stages. When you buy them make the deal with the dive shop to give you a second Mk 25 first stage with the total pricing for buying 2 complete Mk 25/S 600 systems. People can argue about Atomics or Apeks but I'm trying to save you time and get you to good result. (you'll need the second Mk 25 when you go doubles). Everything DIN.

You want identical second stages because in air shares, valve drills and what not you will be breathing your back up. If your back up breathes differently from your primary there will be an element of anxiety in switching regs that will change your breathing pattern and affect your buoyancy. You want reg switches to be nonissues.

Jim

LAJim:
You want identical second stages because in air shares, valve drills and what not you will be breathing your back up. If your back up breathes differently from your primary there will be an element of anxiety in switching regs that will change your breathing pattern and affect your buoyancy. You want reg switches to be nonissues.

Huh??

If your back up breathes differently from your primary there will be an element of anxiety in switching regs that will change your breathing pattern and affect your buoyancy. You want reg switches to be nonissues.

I don't know -- When I do air-shares, I end up breathing off somebody else's regs which are different from mine, and I never noticed it changing my breathing pattern or my buoyancy, even if I don't at all like the new reg I'm breathing (which happens).

LAJim:
To respond to the OP:

Have two identical, high quality regulators. Save yourself time and research and just buy a ScubaPro Mk 25 with dual S600 second stages. When you buy them make the deal with the dive shop to give you a second Mk 25 first stage with the total pricing for buying 2 complete Mk 25/S 600 systems. People can argue about Atomics or Apeks but I'm trying to save you time and get you to good result. (you'll need the second Mk 25 when you go doubles). Everything DIN.

Jim

If switching to a backup creates an issue because it breathes differently, then the diver has bigger problems than what reg he is using.

LAJim:

Jim

This doesn't seem to make sense to me so could you expand on this? What do you really mean? What brought on this attitude; a specific situation?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom