looking for So Cal buddy Wednesday 8/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BGF

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey everyone,

so I'm going to be out in Cali for a business trip next week and just got the word that my Wednesday night (8/8) is wide open so I'm thinking about bringing out my rig and getting in a beach dive before I fly home on Thursday. I'm staying right by LAX and would love to do something in the area. Only need a tank. If anyone knows of a group dive already planned, or is interested in hooking up with an East Coast guy and showing me around a little I'd be greatful. Either PM me or shoot me an e-mail (brian.fuller@Unilever.com) and let me know if interested. Not extremely experianced but have about 30 dives under my belt of varying type, got my full rig, and promise not to pull any NOOB blunders.

Come to Redondo Beach at Veteran's park. You'll find a big crowd of night divers. Most people get there around 7-8pm. Some people start a bit earlier.

Wednesday nights are good - I sent you an email with the info on groups that dive then. But please - be careful to observe that no-fly time! That would be one very dangerous blunder.

Just out of couriosity, what time is your flight back Thursday?

I'd be careful about diving the day before flying.

With that said...

Redondo Beach on Wednesday is a good bet for some fun diving.

NOAA publishes tables for time-to-fly. The 24 hour rule only applies sometimes... Now if you go and get bent you didn't hear anything from me :)

Attachments

• NoDecoAirTable NOAA.pdf
    27 KB · Views: 31
crap, didn't think about that little issue. my flight is early morning, 8:00 am, but if I stay fairly shallow I would think it won't be a problem? Have done a few other dives with flights soon after w/o issue but I def want to be careful of the DCS risk.

Don't do it. Vet's dives are almost always to 70+ and often 90+. Its a submarine canyon. There's nothing in the shallows. The bill for landing a 767 at the wrong airport to get you to the chamber might exceed your coverage.

ok, well I guess diving is out for this trip. Hopefully I'll be back out west soon and can plan a better schedule so I can check out the area. Thanks all for your input. DCS isn't something I'm gonna mess with.

Back
Top Bottom