TSDT Possum Kingdom Lake Dive May 31 - June 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this has been mentioned real early in the thread but I'll ask.

It looks like if I am going to come it will be just my 3 y/o and I.

Is anyone going to mind a small child being around?

Will someone help entertain her so I can make a dive or two?

Will there be anyone else with children there?

Thanks yall,

TwoBit

Zagnette and I are thinking about coming for at least a portion of the shindig. We have no camping gear, so we need to look into hotels or we might just make a day trip down..probably on Saturday. I need to go back through this thread and get all the specifics and directions and stuff. I'll get with Zagnette, and see if we can't get the details worked out and post back here soon with our plans.

Tom, if we come down, I bet Kathleen would be happy to sit out a dive or two to keep an eye on your daughter. Kathleen isn't as fanatical about swamp diving as I am (she's kind of a blue water snob.. :wink: ), and she likes to sit out a couple of dives and chat with the other swampers.

I'll let y'all know for sure soon.

Thanks Zag,

I will not be responsible if it causes her to get the baby bug though :wink:

TwoBit

Hey TwoBitTxn, I will be bringing my 5y/o daughter as well as my non-diving wife who is a social worker and works for the North Central Texas Early Childhood Developement Program, and needless to say loves kids and would be more than happy to watch your little one and was going to bring some games and stuff for any kiddos that might be there. We love kids, bring them all!!!

Scubatooth once bubbled...
Im working on some road signs for the group to follow , probably from outside of mineral wells , by the turn by 337 then leading back (signs most likely will be the logo that two bit has for the t shirts.) do you think the highway patrol will have a problem or do i need to put them out close to the area ?

Is it faster to take 337 or just go all the way to HWY16 and head north? Inquiring minds want to know....:D

tony

not really for the area we are going to be at, but let me look at a map and see if its shorter. who knows i may be wrong, but this is the route i have been taking for years to get out toward scuba point and the scout camp

scubatexastony once bubbled...
Is it faster to take 337 or just go all the way to HWY16 and head north? Inquiring minds want to know....
If two vehicles were traveling at the same speed, and one took 337 and the other continued on to HWY16 and then went north on HWY16, they would run into each other at the 337-HWY16 intersect because it is so close to the same distance. All kidding aside, there isn't one or two minutes difference in travel time. I personally like the scenery better along HWY16, but it really doesn't matter which one you take.

If at Weatherford, where you hit 80 to 180 is there enough traffic slow ups to warrant going on down 20 to 4 north to palo pinto and then around to 16? LOL.... (That's the route Mapquest gave to Palo Pinto....) :wink:

tony...

ps. we're plannin on being there before dark to set camp.....

Got back from Florida last week (it was WONDERFUL!!!), but have been too busy packing up for my office move to check on things ..... how is the water temp at PK doing??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom