Jet Fin XL vs Jet Fin Revo Grande

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bump.
road tested yet?

jagfish:
Gosh
We never got the report of how these fins worked in the water...
try it before buy, I love it but still no report from divers, I checked in HK dealer need special order.

brining up an old post, but have these fins been used by anyone. Interesting concept to re-design the Jet fins.

I'm pretty certain that I recently posted my feedback on these fins on this thread. But, it's gone now. No big deal, I'll post again.

The two biggest differences between the old school Jets and the REVO are:
1. the REVO is made of a softer synthetic compound.
2. the foot pockets on the REVO are much larger.

I've done a few wreck dives with the REVOs this month. I was perfectly comfortable swimming against a mild current @ 120ft in a drysuit with these fins.

Although these fins are negatively buoyant, they're not as negative as the original Jets. I would have preferred that these fins be as negative.

The foot pockets on these fins are large, and fit drysuit boots well.

I'll post a few photos.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/78134/cat/500/ppuser/1654
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/78132/cat/500/ppuser/1654

Are the available anywhere in the US, though?

I have a set I bought last year in Japan and love them.

The thing I disliked most about the standard Jetfin design is how shallow the foot pocket is. The pocket barely comes the area where my arch and heel meet. I always felt I was pushing more with my foot than I was with my leg.

The Revo foot pocket extends further and swimming with these fins has more of an effortless feel.

The "Beluga White" version are very cool looking. Unfortunately the blade size is really small for the two Revo sizes available - "grande" is same size as regular "L" Jets but have huge foot pockets, slightly larger than regular "XL" Jets pockets. I prefer my XL Jets.

From left to right: "L" Jet, "grande" Revo, "XL" Jet.

Attachments

• Jets.jpg
    Jets.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,225
I just bought these today in Yokohama, Japan. I'm a Rescue Swimmer for the US Navy and I can post some feedback after my training tomorrow. I know this is a Necro Post, but they are just really cool Fins. The Grande size fits 27-29 which is a 9-11 sized booty (I wear size 10). Other than the foot pocket fitting like the Jet Fin XL there's not too much difference in them except they front and back of the fin. I think they look pretty sweet and I'm also sure you can only get them in Japan. If you want to check them out, go to MIC21 in google, and translate the page. Go to the Online Store and search the fins, and you'll see them in White, Red and Orange. Maybe you can purchase them from the site.

yeah please let us know how they perform

Back
Top Bottom