amazing video of freediver and great white

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen footage of this behavior from Great Whites before, but never with a freediver or underwater. There is a tour operator in South Africa who brings the whites up to the boat and rubs them under their snouts. They go into a near catatonic state, just like this one did. Very cool stuff, but takes significantly more cojones to do it while in the water with the fish. Amazing! And crazy! :D

Ok thats just stupid, its one thing to be in the water with one to show its not a man eating beast. Its another to try and make it have a bite response.

I think I saw a similar video w/ Jacque Cousteau's grandson. They were freediving with whites and catching rides on them. As much as I would love to trust the animals that much and freedive with them, I think I'll pass :). Cool vid though

El hombre tiene huevos mucho grande, mas que yo. Pero quiero hago lo tambien.

Holy *#$&% batman! Huevos mucho grande is right! I won't be trying that anytime soon, but awesome video. Thanks for sharing it.

Wow! That guy was just very lucy. That shark even let him ride on him or her. Just shows the misconception of how great white's reputation has been ruin by stupid movies.

What happened to the link? Doesn't work... No video coming up on my screen.

I did not see this particular video, but it might be of Andre Hartman, the same guy that touches them on the snout. http://www.andrehartman.com/white_shark%20_photo_gallary.html check out his website. He's got years of experience and first checks out the behaviour before getting in the water. But still I dont think I'll try this at home.

In my area freediving spearo's often see Great whites, but then we do a quick walk accross the surface, get in the boat without touching the sides and go dive somewhere els.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom