Best campsite in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy Fingers

Contributor
Reaction score
Which campground in Key Largo is best? We are going to be in tents and just want a quiet place that isn't too crowded. Thanks.

I agree that Pennekamp is your best bet! It is convenient and quite! I have stayed there many times. bobsea

Be prepared for humidity and mosquitos... If you can - get a site w/ electric and bring a window AC unit...!

I'm not kidding - Marco brought one along for last years 4th of july w/e and it made it AWESOME!!!!!

Camp sites haveing given way to condos.

Even ten years ago you would have to book a year in advance,...unless off season and during the week you may have a chance.

Holiday weekends, all charters, hotels and campgrounds,... book a year in advance and you may still have trouble.

This may sound extremem. It is not.

We like Indian Pass at St Joe. We did not plan to go this year. Last year we booked all of the holiday weekends for the entire year in 05. Iwant to make some keys trips during the week next year for about this time. I will have to sit down and make my reservations

We stay at Kings Kamp when in Key Largo. There are 4 RV sites marina/bay front, water, electric and cable but no sewer. Free Wi-Fi. Dump station. We trailer our boat and leave it at the marina for the duration. The Adams Cut is literally a stone's throw away. We drop our tanks off at Pennecamp on the way back from diving and either pick them up in the late afternoon or the next morning. Quiescessance (sp?) is one property north and you can get air fills there, but they prefer you come via land. There are also full hook-up sites away from the water. Tent camping under the trees, but the main spot is right next to the big dumpster and it can smell *bad*. There are sites next to the Conch House with water/electric that back up to a stockade fence and have a good view of Blackwater Bay. If the conditions are good for my boat, I'll be there over the 4th of July weekend and a week in August. Beware that sometimes the folks who have their trailers there full-time and weekend here from Miami can sometimes be a bit obnoxious, especially on holiday weekends. Other than that, this is where we like to stay!

Beware that sometimes the folks who have their trailers there full-time and weekend here from Miami can sometimes be a bit obnoxious, especially on holiday weekends. Other than that, this is where we like to stay!

We're not that bad!!!! Actually, that is what we (those that live there year round) think of some of the tourist! :):wink::wink::wink:

Last edited:
The Holiday Inn :rofl3:

Seriously, until the end of October, and the weather starts to moderate, its pretty miserable sleeping w/ the bugs and the heat and humidity - if you have a/c - seriously - or really strong fans - bring them.

Camping in FL can be great, just not during our summer :no:

Key Largo Kampground, quite, clean, family oriented, very nice and friendly.

IMG_1258.jpg

You are right about the Miami people, best thing could happen to the Keys is that Alqueda (sp?) would attack the bridge to Key Largo from the mainland and blow it up.

N

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom