TSDT Possum Kingdom Lake Dive May 31 - June 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swampers (North, South and Central),
I won't get to dive with you on the 31st and 1st, but I had an idea that I'd like to propose and see how it goes over. How about a pre-Weekend party at the Ballpark on Friday the 30th? It's the same place we had the party in January, and that worked pretty well. I would need to know pretty quickly, though. Let me know what you think.

Anybody discover anything on motels. Chamber of Commerce suggested these two

Sandybar Getaway
Hide Cabins

are these close, expensive?. Would be just one nite. I would stay in FW or midcities area Friday night

Here is a link http://www.brazos.org/Possum-Kingdom-Lake/Lake_Business/Lake_Business.htm to a list of places to stay at the lake with telephone numbers. I will try to find out what some of their prices are and get back to y'all.

PS. You want to stay on the east side of the lake since that is where we will be camping.

After some discussion and lots & lots of planning, it looks like the better half and I will be making the trek to PK on the 30th. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

JT2, I could use some directions to the campground.......can't seem to find them in this lengthy thread. Thanks.

Dee, do you and Beast want to caravan? (I'll bring cookies!)

hoover once bubbled...
Dee, do you and Beast want to caravan? (I'll bring cookies!)

Sorry....but Beast and I aren't going to make it. They can't guarantee he won't be working that weekend and even if he's not, he'll be on call and tied to the phone.

Ya'll take lots of pictures and tell everyone hello for us!

dee sorry to hear about that, well maybe at another event.

hoover i will finish the map and direction im working on and post it, plus im working on some road signs to point the direction to the area we will be staying at.

also i will be giving out my cell number to the group so that if you need help finding the place i will give directions or meet you and lead you back

Dan

hoover once bubbled...
JT2, I could use some directions to the campground.......can't seem to find them in this lengthy thread. Thanks.
Tell me where you want directions from and I will PM them to you. Also here is a link that shows the area we will be staying at as well as some of my secret dive spots and the dive shop down the road, http://www.allenhost.com/albums/album38/aab.sized.jpg If you look on the far right side of the map you can see where highway 16 comes into the area.

I'll be out on Sunday. Any chance I'll be able to find you guys (banners, dive flags, etc)? What time should I be there if I have any hope of catching a group to dive with?

astrl :)

astrl once bubbled...
I'll be out on Sunday. Any chance I'll be able to find you guys (banners, dive flags, etc)? What time should I be there if I have any hope of catching a group to dive with?
I am going to try to put up a posterboard sign or two around the campsite area. The pontoon boat is blue with a Texas flag and a dive flag painted on both sides, and my 20ft Taylor is white, blue, black & silver and says "Bad Dawg No Bisket" on the side of it. If you can make it to the lake we will take you boat diving if you want to go.

i love the boat name JT2

Im working on some road signs for the group to follow , probably from outside of mineral wells , by the turn by 337 then leading back (signs most likely will be the logo that two bit has for the t shirts.) do you think the highway patrol will have a problem or do i need to put them out close to the area ?

also give me a couple of days to finish the mapo, i had to stop working on directions and the map after a design (paid) came in ofr me to work on that needs to be done this week, was give it week before last and is a huge one for a scouting event.

so if you will all give me till friday i will have the map and directions ready.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom