Next door news story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last night there was a segment on the news I need to see again. I think it was in Spokane and they had a good video of it.

It seems that a female Darwin Candidate by herself decided to hop into a K-Mart Coffin and go for a ride down the river which is moving rather fast right now. Now keep in mind she has not been introduced to Jenny Craig, had no PFD, was not dressed for the weather or the cold snow-melt water and she decides to fall out.

The Darwin buss must have been full so she grabs onto a log to continue the ride until the rescue teams got her. She’s safe but cold.

The news has story after story about how dangerous water can be but nobody pays any attention to it.

A while back I was contacted by a guy that says his kids never get into his boat without a PFD on but he didn’t need to wear one because he was an expert swimmer. I asked him how well he could swim if he was injured or unconscious. His idiot response was that he was a lifeguard in college and can swim even if he’s incapacitated. :confused: :shakehead

Gary D.

gotta love people. . .

What's a K-mart Coffin? I'm assuming some sort of crappy canoe or kayak?

FYI.

I dived last night with a member of the Spokane Rescue Divers team, who was there during the rescue. According to him, the lady had on one of those co2 cartridge inflation vests, and had inflated it.

So then she was a Darwin Applicant not a Candidate. :D

How did the dive go?

Thanks Rick

Gary D.

Gary D.:
So then she was a Darwin Applicant not a Candidate. :D

How did the dive go?

Thanks Rick

Gary D.
Very nice dive - if you like 39 degrees and 2 foot of muddy vis.

Sanders. Down to 80' and, with our faces 2 feet from the silty bottom, looked at the trash. Fun. I ran into a few logs, got caught by some cables under the docks and froze my leeky right hand.

All and all, a typical spring dive in the great state of Idaho. :D

Guys, as a rec diver I take my hat off to you guys. I am in awe reading some of these posts. Heroes, all of you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom