What are you reading now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thread idea. I am reading a bunch right now (I love to read). Two books I just picked up and started are:

Lee Child: Bad Luck and Trouble
http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Luck-Trou...5049759?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179539725&sr=8-1
I love Lee Child's books, great thriller/action/mystery, perfect read on a diving vacation too.

Bing West: No True Glory
http://www.amazon.com/No-True-Glory...5049759?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179539934&sr=8-1
It is about the battle for Fallujah. A good friend of mine from H.S. died in Iraq last week, and there is supposed to be quite a bit about him in this book.

No true glory
Note to self, order it tomorrow.
His name? Or is it mentioned?...No matter, he died for a good cause despite what the media would lke people to believe. We all die, few die as heros.

agilis:
In answer to Fish Whisperer's question, Brown died before completing his novel. It was published as an incomplete draft, lacking an ending. It's still a gift, as is.

Sorry to hear that, but wow... What a tribute to him, that it was published without being completed!

R. E. Lee volume 1 by Douglas Southall Freeman up next is volume 2 followed by volumes 3 and then 4. After that......

"E=MC2 A biography of the worlds most famous equation".

I'm not even sure why I picked it up when I was at the bookstore, but I got into it after the first few pages and its turning out to be an interesting read.

Sea of Glory is the story of the greatest sea expedition undertaken by the United States, the South Seas Exploring Expedition, that began in 1838. It's four-year exploration of the Pacific Ocean and Antarctica returned a trove of geographic and scientific knowledge, and its artifacts were used to begin the Smithsonian Institution.

A Natural History Of The Hawaiian Islands
This book brings together primary source materials on major theme in Hawaiian natural history: the geological process that have built the Islands; the physical factors that influence the Islands' terrestrial ecosystems;...
More about this book

The Moral Animal

FBD2 (Fully Buffered DIMM 2) & DDR3 SDRAM (Double Data Rate 3 Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory) specifications.

Right now I'm reading:

No Shortcuts To The Top by Ed Viesturs
The Valley of the Assassins by Freya Stark
Passionate Nomad, The Life of Freya Stark by Jane Geniesse
and lately I've been re-reading parts of the NOAA manual.

I tend to keep more than one book going at a time.

Back
Top Bottom