please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmwv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I must be senile or stupid or both. Here's my story:

I took video clips underwater with my Sea Life DC500. The clips looked good and I could watch them on Media Player of my Dell computers (2000XP Home edition). Imade copies on CDs and they played on the dells and the ones at work XP Professional ed.

But I wanted to combine the clips to make a "movie" of them. The Dells wouldn't do that function. So I bought 2 Roxio movie maker softwares (a small one then #9).
They wouldn't wpork on the Dells. tooslow, and would just lock up.

So, I bought a brand new HP pavillion laptop dv6000. Now the CDs won't play on it. It says codec "2" not instaalled and gave a website to install it. The website doesn't have it. Can't fond it anywhere.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THESE CAMERA CLIPS INTO A MOVIE??? I have now spent over a grand on equipment that won't work.

Thank you very much.

did you try using microsoft moviemaker? I've done clips lke that and made them into continous movies without problem. Even added a sound track with music and on one clip I did I only hear bubbles and breathing from the movie and then I dubbed in a second tack with voice over. I added a quiet music background and it turned out ok.
It ain't HD but it's ok.

I had similar problems.

I have a new HP Pavilion, then I bought the best program for this I have ever found.

(Photodex Pro show gold)

It was recomended to me by several othere photographers on this board and it works like nothing I had been able to find!!

I also had the same problems with Roxio that you have and roxio is no longer on my computer!!

Really try Photodex. www.photodex.com

Oh the program is $80

thanks. I think those clips are just not going to play on this HP, but I'm going to Hatteras over Memorial day and I'll try some new footage.

Thanks for the name of the Photodex pro. I may try it.

Back
Top Bottom